Jo

Cobwebcat said:
Good god some blues have short memories.

When Jo was at City first time around he was fined for clubbing when he was supposed to be injured. He put in a string of "couldn't care less" performances for us before finally going on loan to Everton.

When he got there he wasted no time slagging City off and saying how Everton had a much better team spirit. He was then fined and suspended for going on holiday to Brazil in the middle of their season and responded by putting in a series of "couldn't care less" performances. Eventually Everton tired of him and sent him back to City.

Mancini gave him a last chance and he responded by diving about clutching his face when nobody was about when he had lost control of the ball.

His scoring record was less than one goal every six games for us in return for around £50,000 a week.

Even now we cannot give him away and he will be back in 6 months to collect the final 6 months wages of his contract from us.

Bluemooners describe Jo as "a model professional who never complained and it was a shame it never worked out as it wasn't his fault"

YOU COULD NOT MAKE IT UP.

Get out of our club Jo and don't come back.

You're quite right to revisit his sins, but I think by the end of the story, he's more of a tragic figure than a villain. Last year he kept his head down and worked hard, but it was too late. The lesson is; young players can't afford to fuck about, they have to put everything into it otherwise they get left behind. It's like he realised that a bit too late, and knowing how far behind he was just drained his confidence.

Chippy_boy said:
I note the Given story is very complimentary and concludes "Popular with fans, team mates and staff at the club alike, Shay leaves City with our best wishes."

Contrast the Jo article, which is very matter of fact (downright cold in fact) and offers no best wishes or anything. Speaks volumes about what the club things of him, i.e. not a lot.
It's more from the web editor's personal opinion than the club's or the management's imo.

Looks permenant as he's been taken off the players list rather than a "*" next to his name.

Thank god we can't play him in an emergency!

Glad he has gone...nothing against the guy as he seemed a decent enough person but my god was a complete waste of space as a footballer!!!!!

HAHAHA! Hurray! Best news of the transfer window ever. I actually feared this guy coming on. This guy has to be the last of the old terrible signings we've made! So happy he's left lol

When my son was the club mascot versus Wigan last season, he stood there proudly in his City kit as all the players arrived in reception and signed his shirt, all that is except for Jo who despite being asked by 2 other players to return, still failed to do so......, so for me, thank god you've gone you miserable useless pratt...........

Mad_fer_it said:
HAHAHA! Hurray! Best news of the transfer window ever. I actually feared this guy coming on. This guy has to be the last of the old terrible signings we've made! So happy he's left lol

No..........there is another............and he goes by the name of Roque Santa Cruz

I don't mind Bridge

So any serious guesses on a transfer fee? I refuse to believe it would be free, surely we got at least 1-2m for him? Internacional will have money as they are going to sell Leandro Damiao to Spurs for 12m-ish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.