Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

It's a no for me. He showed his true colors only a short time after getting the contract he wanted. Not to mention that he cost us just as many games/points as Walker did/does with his brain farts.

Peps comments on him are nothing answers that are being made into headlines. They are exactly what you'd expect him to say.

I said weeks ago, the smart thing to do is to show a willingness to integrate him back into the side even if its not what he intends on doing because then he doesn't become a worthless dead weight for us to offload. He's still a fantastic player and if Barca or any other team want him, they can stump up some cash, no more taking the piss with deadline day loans and if he does end up staying because we don't get an acceptable offer he'd be very useful.

Risky as he is poisonous for the dressing room....
Says who? Peps never said anything to confirm that is the case it's nothing but a bit of heresay and a shit load of presumption.

If he was as toxic as is claimed on here he wouldn't be anywhere near the players, he'd be training on his own or with the academy and they'd be no interaction with the first team. If Peps happy to have him training, we can assume he isn't anywhere near as poisonous as claimed.

Last edited:
He is a very talented player but my concern is that, if he gets on the pitch and does something good like an amazing assist, he will lose any humbleness he has learnt and start acting like a bell-end again.

He could be really useful as an attacking right back with Ake or Gvardiol as a defensive left back. If he were to make a public apology to Pep and actually mean it I would give him a second chance.

Pep won't be happy if Cancelo is here next month,
Cancelo won't be happy if Cancelo is here next month,
Foden won't be happy if Cancelo is here next month,
Mendes won't be happy if Cancelo is here next month,
Barca won't be happy if Cancelo is here next month
and Cancelo's family won't be happy if Cancelo is here next month.

I tend to think Cancelo won't be here next month.
Whats his beef with Foden? Have I missed something?

he is a wingback not a fullback. defensively has his issues, but has some quality attacking skills, which I quite enjoyed earlier seasons, some great crosses, shots from him in he past with much more danger from him compared to when Gvardiol sticks to the byline in attacking positions or Ake.

no way back for him tho imo, and Barca will loan with without any guarantee they have to buy him on 29th or 30th of August to kind of appease Barca fans a bit due to they wont be able to land Nico Williams despite their media talked that transfer up. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.