Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time we bought what people would class as a "worldie" - serious question btw??
Robihno? Toure? - no neither
Aguero would probably be the one - even then I don't think at the time he was a "worldie"
I'm trying to understand if your point is "We don't splash the cash", or "we don't have a World class squad". Either way 3 recent titled suggests we're doing something right.
We buy players on the verge of becoming Worldies. Not players who have already.

Hazzard, Bale, Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar are already World Class. Debryune, Silva, Aguero and Kompany weren't when they arrived.

Aguero was arguably WC but the others weren't yet.

When was the last time we bought what people would class as a "worldie" - serious question btw??
Robihno? Toure? - no neither
Aguero would probably be the one - even then I don't think at the time he was a "worldie"
I'm trying to understand if your point is "We don't splash the cash", or "we don't have a World class squad". Either way 3 recent titled suggests we're doing something right.
City bought Sterling, KDB, Sane, Jesus and Bernardo Silva for slightly more than what psg paid for Neymar alone or Mbappe alone.

Definitely doing something right.

We buy players on the verge of becoming Worldies. Not players who have already.

Hazzard, Bale, Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar are already World Class. Debryune, Silva, Aguero and Kompany weren't when they arrived.

Aguero was arguably WC but the others weren't yet.

Kyle Walker. Not even joking either, lol. His passing and final ball is shit but if we’re going on top 5 for each position then he’s one.

Funnily enough @Andrew___K makes valid points but I still think he’s top 3-4 based on how valuable his pace and physicality is.

Kyle Walker. Not even joking either, lol. His passing and final ball is shit but if we’re going on top 5 for each position then he’s one.

Funnily enough @Andrew___K makes valid points but I still think he’s top 3-4 based on how valuable his pace and physicality is.
WC often means top 5 at a position. But for me it's means being 2 standard deviations away from an average replacement player. There are more Worldies at Winger, Striker, GK and AM than there are at the other positions.

So while I agree Walker could be 'deemed' a top 5 player at RB, I currently don't consider any RB to be a Worldies.

Danny Alves and Phillip Lahm were Worldies. Walker is just a very good player at a weak position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.