Joao Cancelo

Maybe it's time for a reconciliation. He's still got friends in the squad and if Pep was willing to reintegrate him I don't think there'd be much opposition. It'd have to be highly dependent on no repeats of his previous disruptive behaviour but really, what else are we supposed to do if no-one wants to buy him?

He's still a talented (if flawed - but then, who isn't?) player and we can make use of him. And if we can get him some game time then maybe he will attract suitors down the line.

Then keep him.
Pep is a good man manager.
Cancelo is a good footballer.
Its not an ideal situation but there have been bigger "feuds" that have been resolved.
Not sure how Cancelo gets on with the city players but he has a good relationship with the Portuguese team, especially Bernardo.

Ideally it would be best for Cancelo to leave but these loans seem to be fruitless.
Pep should be well able to handle the problem that is Cancelo.
Time will tell, I guess. I can’t see them reconciling, but stranger things have happened.

These loans make no sense. If you don't want to sell him then terminate his contract, let another club sign him up for free and pick up his wages. The all expense paid banishment makes no sense.
Err, terminating his contract with us means paying out all outstanding future wages and payments. That's exactly the same as what you call a 'all expense paid world tour' but only in one payment. No?

The decision has been made and yes, City want to sell him even below market value. We hope someone will bite if it's low enough.

I'm sure Pep doesn't even want him in training and I'm also sure the same goes for our complete club management.

100%

Sell him or use him, at this point he's just running his contract down while enjoying an all expense paid world tour playing in different leagues.

He's playing for Pep, not Stalin, having an disagreement with the manager shouldn't be a death sentence, if there's a way back then it should be looked into and if all bridges have indeed been burned then sell him.

These loans make no sense. If you don't want to sell him then terminate his contract, let another club sign him up for free and pick up his wages. The all expense paid banishment makes no sense.
Even the Saudi's seem not that keen in signing him despite the cash sloshing around in that league. And besides that he might not want that move yet.

He's a Right back NOT left-back ? I think anybody in the right mind would say what the fuck is going on with the left back at this club, Being asked to do a job short term yes But getting blamed all the time for fucking up at left-back well Cencelo has a right to moan
Josko got blamed all the time this season for being a shitty LB. But he still just kept at it.

(And Cancelo wasn’t particularly kind to Josko on a social media thing that got a lot of press so that first encounter would be interesting).

Cancelo hasn’t held a job down for long anywhere he hangs his hat. TBH, I’m surprised we bought him in the first place given the “holistic person” test required at City, and he didn’t come on the cheap.

Last edited:
Are you now suggesting that Cancelo was right to show his arse and Pep was wrong?!

No, He's was bang out of order

But like many on here, We are still puzzled why Pep and City have not signed a left-back and keep asking players to cover that role, I am saying let's see Cancelo at right-back for 10 to 15 games then judge him

Then keep him.
Pep is a good man manager.
Cancelo is a good footballer.
Its not an ideal situation but there have been bigger "feuds" that have been resolved.
Not sure how Cancelo gets on with the city players but he has a good relationship with the Portuguese team, especially Bernardo.

Ideally it would be best for Cancelo to leave but these loans seem to be fruitless.
Pep should be well able to handle the problem that is Cancelo.

Give him 10 to 15 games at right back then judge him, He is a very good player and with Walker coming to his twilight years of his career then you have 2 right backs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.