Joao Cancelo

I refuse to believe that Cancelos agent Jorge Mendes can't bring in an offer that involves a transfer fee (even if its a low one below his market value). This is the worlds most famous football agent and he is making multimillion deals on a daily basis and this is a 29 year old player that half a year ago was considered by many (not me) as one of the best in the world in his position. If we make it clear to him that we won't accept any deal that wont take his complete cost of our books (including salary and book value), and that he will train with the u21s until that offer arrives, I'm sure he will bring something in sooner or later. Especially with the Euros coming up next summer which I assume Cancelo wants to play.
This is a case of who blinks first, said this a couple of months ago, I would be totally stunned if this doesn't end up with a loan move with the option to buy last day of the window.

This is a case of who blinks first, said this a couple of months ago, I would be totally stunned if this doesn't end up with a loan move with the option to buy last day of the window.
Luckily for us, the Saudis transfer window closes 3 weeks after ours. If thats the best offer we have on deadline day, we can still just decline it and tell Cancelo that "tough luck, your agent failed to bring in an acceptable offer so it looks like your playing career is on pause until the next window" if we want to. And if we did, he would probably be more open to a Saudi move, especially since he could probably get 4-5 times his salary there.

With that said, its obviously easy for me, a stupid fan sitting here speculating on a forum, to say this and its another thing to actually do it in real life. I just hope we can sort out a deal that makes sure he leaves permanently and we don't have to deal with this next summer again.

Last edited:
Luckily for us, the Saudis transfer window closes 3 weeks after ours. If thats the best offer we have on deadline day, we can still just decline it and tell Cancelo that "tough luck, your agent failed to bring in an acceptable offer so it looks like your playing career is on pause until the next window" if we want to. And if we did, he would probably be more open to a Saudi move, especially since he could probably get 4-5 times is salary there.

With that said, its obviously easy for me, a stupid fan sitting here speculating on a forum, to say this and its another thing to actually do it in real life. I just hope we can sort out a deal that makes sure he leaves permanently and we don't have to deal with this next summer again.
Well we will see and as you point out, the Saudi window does change things. The issue with a "normal" transfer is every man and his dog knows we want to shift him and on the money we are paying him there aren't a lot of people that can afford to make it worthwhile for the player AND you can bet they would want to claw as much of what they are paying back from City. I really hope we can offload him though!

If I remember rightly, it was like 10m each installment.

We also let them have Eric Garcia for free too.
No we didn't, Garcia ran his contract down after refusing to sign an extension.

We had their pants down with Ferran Torres at up to £57m including add-ons. The payment instalments are a strange thing to quote as it's immaterial for FFP purposes. They're also fully up to date with the payment schedule despite some of the nonsense you'll read.

This "we're always doing favours for Barcelona because it's Peps mates" that some people post is as childish as it gets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.