Joao Felix

If true, the fact that they are offering him to us tells us everything. I doubt we will entertain that.

He’s not shit. Let’s have it right.

But they can fuck off trying to cop out of the Alvarez fee by using a player they’re already desperate to get rid of. It’s not like he’s in particularly high demand and they’re doing us a favour.

Exactly. Although i do find it quite funny that we have a fair few fans of our own who think other clubs should be accepting our cast offs in lieu of a suitable transfer fee for some of their best young players.

Felix is not really a primary striker which is what we would need to replace Alvarez like for like. His goal-scoring record is about 1 in 4 which is not great for a "second striker". I cannot see how he offers anything better than Foden or Bobb.

He was badly used by Chelsea/Atletico. He is very talented, IMO.

Still 24, 40m quid + Felix and we have our ready made Alvarez replacement. Better this than spending 68m quid on Eze.
We know Eze can do it in the toughest league in Europe though whereas it’d be a huge risk with Felix.
Could work out I suppose but the evidence suggests not.

Felix is better than Alverez, he just hasn’t played for a good manager, or at least one who can get the best out of him.

Felix is better than Alverez, he just hasn’t played for a good manager, or at least one who can get the best out of him.
Or, an alternative narrative, he hasn't got the drive to be one of the best - if this is the case Pep would be the worst manager he could come to as he has rather high demands!
It's still a no from me - but luckily we have a pretty decent recruitment team who generally don't ring for my advice ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.