Joao Felix

I do wonder if Pep would be interested, mind...

Losing Alvarez could (depending on his plans for Bobb) leave us light in the Haaland back-up area. Felix can play across the whole of the front line as well as in behind a striker if needed.

And on a loan for a season without a big commitment at the back end of it. Rustle up a small figure on an 'option to buy' basis and if he does well then great, if he does shit then he goes back to Atletico.

We were interested when he was at Benfica before Jorge Mendes royally fucked his career up by sending him to a team so unsuited to his style of play it was laughable.

I'd be all for it. Providing it doesn't massively reduce the Alvarez fee and, more importantly, doesn't fuck with Bobb's progression.

I do wonder if Pep would be interested, mind...

Losing Alvarez could (depending on his plans for Bobb) leave us light in the Haaland back-up area. Felix can play across the whole of the front line as well as in behind a striker if needed.

And on a loan for a season without a big commitment at the back end of it. Rustle up a small figure on an 'option to buy' basis and if he does well then great, if he does shit then he goes back to Atletico.

We were interested when he was at Benfica before Jorge Mendes royally fucked his career up by sending him to a team so unsuited to his style of play it was laughable.

I'd be all for it. Providing it doesn't massively reduce the Alvarez fee and, more importantly, doesn't fuck with Bobb's progression.
Felix was not "sent" to Atletico. He chose Atletico by himself over other available options for a higher wage.

Plus he is just not that good. He played for Barca last season. Even though Xavi was not very good at coaching, Felix can hardly outshine Ferran Torres. They are at the similar skill level in an attacking team.

BTW Felix public said he was ready to welcome Bernado to Barca the big club next season. It speaks how much respect he has for City.

Felix would suit our style but his confidence is shot and he would need to come in firing to be useful here. He's better off dropping down to regain that confidence

We know Eze can do it in the toughest league in Europe though whereas it’d be a huge risk with Felix.
Could work out I suppose but the evidence suggests not.

Personally think Eze will never get beyond his current level. He is a stand out player for a mid table premier league club. Not convinced he could make a step up to us and ever make a claim for starting in an important match. Rotation player / English passport for a top 4 club to use in easier home games / carabao cup at best.

Similar attitude/personality to Cancelo.

No thanks!
yep and this is the main reason why pep wouldn't fancy him at all, he knows this type. we need to start a bidding war and let psg win it, because no doubt they will pay the most plus they have better players to offer

Personally think Eze will never get beyond his current level. He is a stand out player for a mid table premier league club. Not convinced he could make a step up to us and ever make a claim for starting in an important match. Rotation player / English passport for a top 4 club to use in easier home games / carabao cup at best.
I honestly don’t know, not paid enough attention to either to give a definitive opinion.
I’m more of a wait and see what they can do in a sky blue shirt kinda guy due to not watching anywhere near the amount of football I did 15 years ago.
These days it’s City and City only other than the odd occasion where I’ll watch a game which involves a rival if I’m not otherwise engaged.

It depends how Atletico values him.

City wants 85 as they say, so if Atletico's offer is: 50M + Felix, then it isn't as bad as it seems

1) Both are the same age 24
2) Julian is more successful, but.. In terms of pure footballing talent, I think Felix is better.
3) We have a lot of Brazilian / Portuguese players for him to feel at home and adapt faster
4) Pep wanted him in the past
5) If we sell Julian, we need replacement anyway to be Haaland's cover.
how isn’t it as bad as it seems?
they’re offering a loan with an option to buy, so city would get less money for alvarez, get a player atletico are DESPERATE to get rid off on a one year loan and then either not have a player or buy him next year so atletico get more money.
did i misunderstand something?

i think he would just moan about wanting to go to barca…

I imagine some Atletico fanboys salivating over the thought of offering Felix to us for Julian just like some of our fans try to pawn off our dead weight to other clubs. The luster on Felix has worn off so much I don't understand how any single City fan would be for this. Oscar Bobb >>> Joao Felix

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.