Joao Neves

I’ve not seen loads of this guy, would he be first team ready or a project in the first year?

He’d have to learn Pep’s ways anyway, I guess, so would he rotate with Kovacic?
Project before Christmas and then into the rhythm of things. He’s got the football intelligence to play wherever Guardiola tells him. Bit like Bernardo in that respect.
I reckon he’d be off the bench for Rodri the moment we were three up but could play alongside him or alongside Kovacic. Put him alongside Lewis in future, too.

Here we go again. Last one out turn the lights off.

Not at all mate but with such huge numbers and a potential new manager who may like pep’s style it just won’t be like Pep as there is currently no one close to him? Alonso maybe given time as young players seem to take to him and maybe pep endorses Alonso as well. That said I hope pep stays at least 3 more years .

Not at all mate but with such huge numbers and a potential new manager who may like pep’s style it just won’t be like Pep as there is currently no one close to him? Alonso maybe given time as young players seem to take to him and maybe pep endorses Alonso as well. That said I hope pep stays at least 3 more years .
Immediately after the Real Madrid loss, I was all behind signing Paqueta and Guimaraes so as to give the senior players a shot at winning the Champions League next year. However, there’s a bit of me thinks that signing them might also be indicative of Guardiola having one last hurrah. If we turn to Neves instead, then it would indicate to me that Guardiola is building again and thinking longer ahead.

On that last point, and assuming we win the title, if an announcement were made that Guardiola was extending, then it would ratchet up the pressure on Arteta and other managers. So many pundits have spoken this week about clubs having to wait until Guardiola hangs up his cardigan before standing a chance. Announce any extension the day after the transfer window closes and they’ve spent all their money.

Immediately after the Real Madrid loss, I was all behind signing Paqueta and Guimaraes so as to give the senior players a shot at winning the Champions League next year. However, there’s a bit of me thinks that signing them might also be indicative of Guardiola having one last hurrah. If we turn to Neves instead, then it would indicate to me that Guardiola is building again and thinking longer ahead.

On that last point, and assuming we win the title, if an announcement were made that Guardiola was extending, then it would ratchet up the pressure on Arteta and other managers. So many pundits have spoken this week about clubs having to wait until Guardiola hangs up his cardigan before standing a chance. Announce any extension the day after the transfer window closes and they’ve spent all their money.

Yeah I can agree with that mate to a point but I seen a post on here that Tolmie had said if Pep gets his way he wanted Paqueta and Bruno G then is he not more likely to extend if he gets what he wants? ie, khaldoon gives him the players if he agrees to stay?

Yeah I can agree with that mate to a point but I seen a post on here that Tolmie had said if Pep gets his way he wanted Paqueta and Bruno G then is he not more likely to extend if he gets what he wants? ie, khaldoon gives him the players if he agrees to stay?
Maybe, but there’s no guarantee that Paqueta will be available, so where do we then turn? Would we want Guimaraes if he can’t play with Paqueta? I’m less convinced that he could deputise for Rodri. The fact that Guimaraes and his family have just invested 4 million in a family home in Northumbria also suggests, to me, that he’s not coming here.

Pep wants the best and Neves has a higher ceiling, though whether he’s ever touched a ceiling is another thing…

Played well tonight in a poor Benfica side; their last game of the season away to Ave Rio which finished 1-1. The antithesis of Phillips/Nunes in that he instinctively passes and moves into space to make the passing angles.

Benfica will now likely finish ten points behind Sporting and the fans are unhappy. Quite impressed how the ref is mic’d up and informs the crowd of his VAR advised decisions.

If both come surely that’s kova, Phillips and potentially Nunes gone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.