Job interview at City - Got the job!!!!

Re: Job interview at City

If they give you situation based questions remember to:

Situation, describe the situation

Task or Target, what was the goal or objective

Action, what you did,

Result – What happened using specifics and measurements

It's a group interview that happens downstairs in the shop. You all stand in a circle, introduce yourself and say something about yourself. While all this is happening the managers are taking notes and shit. They never got back to me, good thing really as I got a well paying job (For my age) a few days later.

DonnyCityLove said:
Handed in a CV to the Citystore in town last week for at least the 15th time, 20minutes later got a call back asking me to attend an interview on Thursday, very excited about it and hope I get it as it would be brilliant part time until I go back to college and then to carry on with it from there, anybody got any tips I have a lot of experience but not so much with interviews and also I wasn't told to dress formal or not so I'm wondering what to wear? P.s sorry if this is in the wrong forum didn't know quite where to put it.

I've not read any of the responses but am sure if you treat this as a regular job interview and give them a serious approach you'll do just great.

Martin Yate (he's British) has written a bunch of widely acclaimed books you'll find down your local library all about job interviews, techniques, and job cover letters. If you really want to impress them I'd grab yourself a copy of this and take an hour or two reviewing some of the main question topics he covers that you may get asked. If you use his way of answering/approaching things, you'll hit 'em for six - a bit like we did to ManUre at Old Trafford! and there's no way anyone else will be getting that job ahead of you.

;o)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Great-Answers-Tough-Interview-Questions/dp/074946352X" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.com/Great-Answers-Tou ... 074946352X</a><br /><br />-- Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:10 pm --<br /><br />
jordinho09 said:
It's a group interview that happens downstairs in the shop. You all stand in a circle, introduce yourself and say something about yourself. While all this is happening the managers are taking notes and shit. They never got back to me, good thing really as I got a well paying job (For my age) a few days later.

in which case you're going to want to prepare ahead of time to wow them with your answers and devastate the rest of 'em who are stood there waiting to answer after you!

;o)

Get Yate.

jordinho09 said:
What then? Seems like it will be quite quick! How many was in your group?

Ash said:
jordinho09 said:
What then? Seems like it will be quite quick! How many was in your group?
It was an hour, tops. There was about 15-20 in my group but there were a few positions up for grabs. I forgot to mention that towards the end you have to pick any 3 items from the shop for a fan and justify why you picked them.

MCFCinUSA said:
DonnyCityLove said:
Handed in a CV to the Citystore in town last week for at least the 15th time, 20minutes later got a call back asking me to attend an interview on Thursday, very excited about it and hope I get it as it would be brilliant part time until I go back to college and then to carry on with it from there, anybody got any tips I have a lot of experience but not so much with interviews and also I wasn't told to dress formal or not so I'm wondering what to wear? P.s sorry if this is in the wrong forum didn't know quite where to put it.

I've not read any of the responses but am sure if you treat this as a regular job interview and give them a serious approach you'll do just great.

Martin Yate (he's British) has written a bunch of widely acclaimed books you'll find down your local library all about job interviews, techniques, and job cover letters. If you really want to impress them I'd grab yourself a copy of this and take an hour or two reviewing some of the main question topics he covers that you may get asked. If you use his way of answering/approaching things, you'll hit 'em for six - a bit like we did to ManUre at Old Trafford! and there's no way anyone else will be getting that job ahead of you.

;o)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Great-Answers-Tough-Interview-Questions/dp/074946352X" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.com/Great-Answers-Tou ... 074946352X</a>

-- Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:10 pm --

jordinho09 said:

in which case you're going to want to prepare ahead of time to wow them with your answers and devastate the rest of 'em who are stood there waiting to answer after you!

;o)

Get Yate.

Nice plug haha

DonnyCityLove said:

What a job! Good luck!

If you end up working on the ticket office section, dont be a **** like some of the people there :)

something like a smart causal,and don't make excuses of a sought just be urself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.