jobsworth rag stewards

Trigger said:
mr t said:
This thread has turned into an anti-smoking campaign - and lets face it smoking is a terrible addiction and people that don't smoke will never understand why addicts can't last a couple of hours without breathing in the nasty nicotine.

However should lighting up a ciggie in the bogs at half time warrant being thrown out of the ground - for me it's too heavy handed. Being thrown out of the ground however is nothing compared to taking a severe beating from the stewards for doing the same thing which is an event I witnessed shortly after the smoking ban came into play. I couldn't believe it - there was about 6 of them layed into the guy because he was a bit lippy with them after they caught him smoking. It's wierd because 'the ringleader' then was a woman who purposely seemed to be looking for a fight. She sneered something at the guy and as soon as he responded with a bit of lip she set her pack on him and watched him take a beating.

Most of the stewards are fine and do a good job but I have noticed that there seem to be a few who patrol in groups looking for an excuse for a fight. They love the powe their role gives them. These stewards need reining in because they are not to be trusted.

OK< I could have gone over the top and really let fly but fortunately I as a steward am trained to react rationally. So firstly look at your average steward they are either over 50 years of age or female, so dont go looking for a fight.

If you are telling me that 6 guys or ladies wearing ORANGE coats fought with supporters then you need to go to specsavers! I am not calling you a liar but we are all trained and covered via CCTV. (I am not saying it did not happen but wasnt by stewards employed by City!) There are other units/ agencies used by MCFC but I as all my colleagues try to bend over backwards (if you want evidence I can provide testimonies) see this thread for one example, if you need assistance contact me ( I have sorted 3 problems on here and ManCityFans.net)

I have let my identity out tonight and may suffer the consequences for it but still believe in the majority of blues and their employers!
I'm not a liar mate - it did happen. I really can't remember what colour coats they were wearing as it was around 18 months ago but it was on the ground floor in the gents near entrance P - there is a bit of an area where everybody used to smoke - usually joints - at half time before the smoking ban was introduced. What I do remember is that it was on the 4th or 5th home game and it came out of the blue as before then officials seemed to have been turning a blind eye to the people still lighting up in the stadium.
As I said most of the stewards do a good job but again I have noticed some people patrolling in groups and they do seem pretty keen to impose their authority on fans - maybe they are security rather than stewards. If they are I apologise as my comments are inappropriate to this thread.

Trigger said:
mr t said:
This thread has turned into an anti-smoking campaign - and lets face it smoking is a terrible addiction and people that don't smoke will never understand why addicts can't last a couple of hours without breathing in the nasty nicotine.

However should lighting up a ciggie in the bogs at half time warrant being thrown out of the ground - for me it's too heavy handed. Being thrown out of the ground however is nothing compared to taking a severe beating from the stewards for doing the same thing which is an event I witnessed shortly after the smoking ban came into play. I couldn't believe it - there was about 6 of them layed into the guy because he was a bit lippy with them after they caught him smoking. It's wierd because 'the ringleader' then was a woman who purposely seemed to be looking for a fight. She sneered something at the guy and as soon as he responded with a bit of lip she set her pack on him and watched him take a beating.

Most of the stewards are fine and do a good job but I have noticed that there seem to be a few who patrol in groups looking for an excuse for a fight. They love the powe their role gives them. These stewards need reining in because they are not to be trusted.

OK< I could have gone over the top and really let fly but fortunately I as a steward am trained to react rationally. So firstly look at your average steward they are either over 50 years of age or female, so dont go looking for a fight.

If you are telling me that 6 guys or ladies wearing ORANGE coats fought with supporters then you need to go to specsavers! I am not calling you a liar but we are all trained and covered via CCTV. (I am not saying it did not happen but wasnt by stewards employed by City!) There are other units/ agencies used by MCFC but I as all my colleagues try to bend over backwards (if you want evidence I can provide testimonies) see this thread for one example, if you need assistance contact me ( I have sorted 3 problems on here and ManCityFans.net)

I have let my identity out tonight and may suffer the consequences for it but still believe in the majority of blues and their employers!

I think you do a top job mate, seriously.

Newlunar said:
Trigger said:
mr t said:

I think you do a top job mate, seriously.

Would love to have more info, I treat fans as I hope they would wish to be treated.

im reading this post and how non-smokers are 'innocent', and they are in someway, 'just' to call smokers. so what about the people who don't smoke yet drive and pollute the atmosphere with their shitty carbon monoxide? is that fair on people who dont smoke and dont drive? a bit far off but it's still the same context. i think the original thread was how he admitted he was wrong, didnt try to deny it...was willing to pay a fine but was still man handled by several guards. warpig. why do you assume that he first went to city when he was 8? (bit of a srange assumption), he could be 33 and still not of seen us win anything? and since when did smokers become idiots? because smoking may kill them? thats like saying everyone in the marines are idiots because what they have chosen to do may kill them. and i suppose after reading this you will type yet another diatribe towards someone who you don't even know. well done mate. A* for you.

Crock of shit. How anyone can argue that people who subject others to that shite in such small areas (the toilets) are anything less than selfish wankers bewilders me.
I took our kid to his first ever game on Thursday, and the fact that I had to make him wait for a piss because I didn't want him in such a small space, filled with smoke and full of pricks waving cigs around. I'm more than pissed off that I had to do that at the kids first fucking game.

well then maybe if the 'selfish wankers' weren't confided into such a small space in which they are able to smoke and are allowed to smoke in an open aired area..as requested by the poster, then maybe this wouldn't be such a problem to you. he wasn't saying he was in the right to smoke, and neither am i. he admitted he shouldn't of done it, this thread was on how the stewards treated him after he had said he was sorry. To my knowledge, when someone says sorry and they will not do it again, you give them the benefit of the doubt, unless of course, your a wanker yourself. (im not saying you are). but god forbid we went back to maine road...all the non-smokers will be out in force with their pitch forks and gas lanterns.

riggymcfc123 said:
No smoking , no drinking , no swearing , no standing etc , etc !!
When i was a kid , i used to stand in the Kippax with my dad , he would have a pint in his hand , everyone around me would be smoking and when we scored i would get trampled on ! tell you what though , i f*ckin loved it ! .......but now , you've gotta sit there quietly , making sure you do'nt offend anyone !........and peaple on here wonder why the stadium was half f*ckin empty last night !!

This.

Smoking within the stadium grounds is illegal. Get used to it, or suffer the consequences. Smokers go a lot longer without their filthy habit on airplanes, so can last the time a match takes. If they can't and light up like the OP, they will, if caught be ejected and possibly banned.
Everyone knows that, and if they still choose do it, either to stick two fingers at the rules, or cos they have had 'a few sherberts' or whatever, then accept those consequences. End of.

The Invisible_Man said:
Crock of shit. How anyone can argue that people who subject others to that shite in such small areas (the toilets) are anything less than selfish wankers bewilders me.
I took our kid to his first ever game on Thursday, and the fact that I had to make him wait for a piss because I didn't want him in such a small space, filled with smoke and full of pricks waving cigs around. I'm more than pissed off that I had to do that at the kids first fucking game.

Crock of shit.

Everyone hides behind kids to try to gain the moral high ground.

What do you think would have happened? He develops lung cancer after a minute and a half in a smoky bog?

It pissed you off becasue smoking irritates you. That's all.

I don't smoke. But this modern day attitude that being able to smell a fag from 5 yards away is going to pollute your entire soul gets on my nerves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.