Joe Hart (continued)

Re: joe hart

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
WNRH said:
Why is this still being discussed? Hart has lost his place and until Pantilimon fucks up on a regular basis then he should continue to sit on the bench.

This discussion would not be happening if Hart was anything but English.

This is of no relevance whatsoever. We are having this discussion because, most of use are disappointed
and amazed what has happened to Joe. Naff all to do with his nationality.
I'm neither disappointed nor amazed ,don't want to see him fail and would love to see him first choice .Only thing I am is surprised he wasn't dropped ages ago.Not been good enough for a team of this standard for over a year now !

ancoats said:
somebody on a none football site I go on says that he could leave in the next jan window or in the summer and he is not happy about what is happing with Manchester city and the new manager (pellegrini) and the way we defend with a high line and getting the shit for the goals we leaked[/quote

...... and Hart wasn't happy with Mancini when he was in the best defense for two years in PL

..... now he's unhappy cos he has made cockups

...... and we are supposed to have a happy dressing room

It's all a shame cos Joe Hart is a great goalie ... hope he sorts his head out soon and is back where he belongs in the first team.

Trouble with Hart is he doesn't look comfortable playing the 'sweeper keeper' role which is essential with our new playing style. He is a solid keeper but not like Casillas, Neuer, Valdes or Buffon in my point of view.

Ray78 said:
Trouble with Hart is he doesn't look comfortable playing the 'sweeper keeper' role which is essential with our new playing style. He is a solid keeper but not like Casillas, Neuer, Valdes or Buffon in my point of view.

Yeah the new playing style. That'll be it.

Anyway moving on from the 'new playing style', a style so fiendishly complex that a team of boffins are currently slaving away in the bowels of Carrington in an attempt to unravel its genetic code, I'm starting to have a bad vibe about the number of reports that we are actively seeking a new GK.

That Hart has dropped a few clangers is undeniable but he is still an excellent GK and that he was going to hit a sticky patch sooner or later was inevitable. Cech had a dip in form a few seasons ago, all GK's do, so I am hoping that we are prepared to work with Joe in getting through this problematic time.

Joe should be back in the team for the spurs game. Pants has had his moment in the sun. Pellegrini needs to take a look at his tactics and his defensive set up before he has a swipe at anyone. Get another body in midfield and for fuck sake do something about the left side.

Statt0 said:
FRom the Telegraph:

Joe Hart will start Tuesday’s England’s friendly against Germany with increased doubts over his club future, after it emerged that Manchester City are planning a move to sign Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Julio Cesar in January.
Hart has been dropped by his club manager Manuel Pellegrini after a series of errors, with understudy Costel Pantilimon now first-choice. City are now actively seeking a new goalkeeper as well as a central defender when the window opens.
England manager Roy Hodgson has said if Hart is not first-choice by March then he may have to reassess his position in the team and he will already have been hoping that Ben Foster, when fit, regains his place at West Brom.
Cesar is desperate to quit QPR having been replaced as the Championship club’s No 1 by Robert Green. If the 34-year-old does not leave in January then his hopes of representing Brazil in next summer’s World Cup will be severely damaged. City have been considering other options but Cesar’s ready availability means he is an extremely strong option, although it is likely that he will insist on guarantees that he will join as the club’s first-choice.
Hodgson will restore Hart against Germany, having given Fraser Forster his debut in Friday’s 2-0 defeat to Chile, and conceded the City goalkeeper faces a “tough mental test and a tough test of attitude” on Tuesday.
“I fully believe that Joe understands that and is ready for that,” Hodgson said. “All I can do is give him the shirt and give him the chance to go out and play. And afterwards he’s going to have to face whatever he faces.
“Whether he plays well and does well and keeps a clean sheet and helps us to win the game then I’m sure people are going to be saying some very good things about him. But if he doesn’t and lets a couple of easy goals in, he’s going to have to accept that there’ll be criticism, because that’s the way of the world we live in.
“He understands that if he loses his place in the Manchester City team and is criticised for letting a couple of goals in, then what happened will happen. I don’t need to take him aside and say: 'Joe, this is what happens in football’. I’ve got too much respect for him to do that.”

Julio Cesar? The guy who can't get Rob Green out of the team?<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:05 am --<br /><br />
BobKowalski said:
Ray78 said:

Anyway moving on from the 'new playing style', a style so fiendishly complex that a team of boffins are currently slaving away in the bowels of Carrington in an attempt to unravel its genetic code, I'm starting to have a bad vibe about the number of reports that we are actively seeking a new GK.

That Hart has dropped a few clangers is undeniable but he is still an excellent GK and that he was going to hit a sticky patch sooner or later was inevitable. Cech had a dip in form a few seasons ago, all GK's do, so I am hoping that we are prepared to work with Joe in getting through this problematic time.

Funny you mention that about Cech as a few day's ago I was saying the same, how it was that a few years ago he was "past it" and low and behold lately people have been putting him under the category as one of the best GK in the Prem!

Funny ol' world it is!

BobKowalski said:
Ray78 said:

The question is how much more time we can afford for Hart to get back his form and adapt? If a goalkeeper makes a mistake it often leads to goals conceded and over the past couple of seasons he is making them on a more frequent basis. If he does make my doubts look silly then fair enough.

BobKowalski said:
... I'm starting to have a bad vibe about the number of reports that we are actively seeking a new GK.

Same here mate, one week it's Casillas, the next it's Caballero, this week it's Cesar; it might just be "stirring-it-up" paper talk from the same people who've dissected Joe's every mistake and highlighted them to the extent that they've become the issue that they are today, but the frequency of the stories is getting a bit worrying now.

Like you, I think Joe's too good a keeper for us to just discard and replace; but every man and his dog has questioned the fact that he hasn't had any real competition for his place at the club. With that in mind and with Joe's record of raising his game when he first made it into the team (winning the battle with Given for the number 1 spot); getting in a new decent classed keeper as competition rather than as a replacement could be a masterstroke. Short term, the team has another international keeper to call upon, long term Joe's career development could be given the shot it needs.

COMPETITION NOT REPLACEMENT - that is my hope

Ray78 said:

Surprised u didn't mention lloris. Probably one of the best sweeper keeper at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.