Joe Hart (continued)

Re: joe hart

jared said:
Ray78 said:
Trouble with Hart is he doesn't look comfortable playing the 'sweeper keeper' role which is essential with our new playing style. He is a solid keeper but not like Casillas, Neuer, Valdes or Buffon in my point of view.

Surprised u didn't mention lloris. Probably one of the best sweeper keeper at the moment.

Did well at Lyon but like Hart he has to prove that he is in the top bracket.

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
BobKowalski said:
... I'm starting to have a bad vibe about the number of reports that we are actively seeking a new GK.

That Hart has dropped a few clangers is undeniable but he is still an excellent GK and that he was going to hit a sticky patch sooner or later was inevitable. Cech had a dip in form a few seasons ago, all GK's do, so I am hoping that we are prepared to work with Joe in getting through this problematic time.

Same here mate, one week it's Casillas, the next it's Caballero, this week it's Cesar; it might just be "stirring-it-up" paper talk from the same people who've dissected Joe's every mistake and highlighted them to the extent that they've become the issue that they are today, but the frequency of the stories is getting a bit worrying now.

Like you, I think Joe's too good a keeper for us to just discard and replace; but every man and his dog has questioned the fact that he hasn't had any real competition for his place at the club. With that in mind and with Joe's record of raising his game when he first made it into the team (winning the battle with Given for the number 1 spot); getting in a new decent classed keeper as competition rather than as a replacement could be a masterstroke. Short term, the team has another international keeper to call upon, long term Joe's career development could be given the shot it needs.

COMPETITION NOT REPLACEMENT - that is my hope
No club has two top class keepers, if we're in the market, and I hope we aren't, we're in there for a replacement. I hope it's media shit-stirring. I want Joe Hart to end his career here with a record number of appearances. He's still only 26 and keepers can last until 40 (which is one of the reasons, like Cech, why you can have a bad couple of seasons and come back), he's shown when he's confident and focused he is one of the best shotstoppers in the world as he was in the three years up to and including our title winning season, I'd also miss the banter we have with him. Too much to throw away.

Let me get this straight.

According to lots in this thread, Hart being 'taken out of the firing line' would do him the world of good. Now you want his comeback game to be one in which England will get battered off one of the best teams in the world?

stonerblue said:

According to lots in this thread, Hart being 'taken out of the firing line' would do him the world of good. Now you want his comeback game to be one in which England will get battered off one of the best teams in the world?

Hodgson said Hart will start one of the games

stonerblue said:

I don't look at it as Hart needing competition, or taking out of the firing line. I see it as needing to get his head together and get his confidence back. Unfortunately, it's hard to say what will do that, that's why I said I'm trusting Pellegrini to judge what's best. If Pellegrini is looking to get rid of him though, I can't support that.

I'd be very surprised if City were looking for a keeper in January. If they are then it does suggest to me that the decision has been taken on Hart's long term future. Would be a real shame.

I don't think the club has any choice but to look at possible options. There's no guarantee that, once dropped, Hart will regain his 11/12 form. What happens if Hart is brought back and has further problems? If Pantilimon proves to be an inadequate first choice? With the transfer window approaching the club needs to have a contingency plan. Can't wait until mid Jan to start looking to see who might be available.

BillyShears said:
I'd be very surprised if City were looking for a keeper in January. If they are then it does suggest to me that the decision has been taken on Hart's long term future. Would be a real shame.

Depends who it is, if it's a player who has 1-2 good seasons left like Cesar then it will to replace pants

A younger keeper will be a worry to joe

But he will fight for his place, no matter what and will no doubt be our no1 for many years to come

cibaman said:
I don't think the club has any choice but to look at possible options. There's no guarantee that, once dropped, Hart will regain his 11/12 form. What happens if Hart is brought back and has further problems? If Pantilimon proves to be an inadequate first choice? With the transfer window approaching the club needs to have a contingency plan. Can't wait until mid Jan to start looking to see who might be available.
It's not just the form of the title season though. He was the best keeper in the Premier League three years running. I don't think of 11/12 as the fluke. It's not a Stephen Ireland situation where sadly he only shone for one season because the players around him brought out the best in him. Hart was the best keeper in the league when he was at Birmingham, winning the PFA keeper of the year, then the following season, also excellent. Remember the Spurs game at the start of that season? One of the best keeping performances I've seen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4L-VUn_hs[/youtube]
Just make sure you mute it!

He's not a one season wonder by any stretch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.