Joe Hart (continued)

Joe's an ok goalie, but we need a world class goalie at City if we want to reach the heights of other European giants. For example if we had a team of just good, ok players...we'd be the rags. I'd say we had 5 genuine world class players at City, Joe isn't on that list.

Joe's a good keeper, not a great one. He may become a great keeper. England's problems last night ran right through the team, and Joe is the least of them. For what it's worth, I think Joe's slightly at fault on that second goal. He's come out a couple of yards, he's narrowed the angle, when you see the camera shot from directly behind him Suarez seems to have almost nothing to aim at. Put it this way, I can't help feeling it's the kind of shot Joe would have stopped in our first title winning season. But it's pure speculation, Suarez is Suarez, and it's the kind of goal we've seen Kun score — that's what makes them world class strikers.
In my honest opinion, adverts that Joe chooses to make have nothing whatsoever to do with his ability. People seem to think that they make him look frivolous. In the sixties and seventies, it wasn't at all uncommon for footballers to smoke. That's what I call irresponsible.

Joe was border line World Class two years ago. Since then he has regressed badly. This isn't unique in young players and
for a goalkeeper Joe is still young. Keepers tend to be at their peak around about the 30 years old mark. It can go either way
for him but currently he is a weak link in the City team. The fact that he is home grown is enormously in his favour. If he was
foreign I think that we would be looking to replace him. Where the club is now we need a top class keeper to challenge for
the CL and Joe isn't at that level, although he was 2 years ago. I think that the club to some extent are gambling that he will
get back to that level. Whether he does adverts or not is irrelevant.

The weak link in our team?

Really?

There are different ways to respond to this but assuming you are a City fan I'll say it like this...

I don't agree with your views on this matter.

Maybe, just maybe, someone else feels the same as I do and will phrase it more emphatically.

JJ

2nd best defence in the league last year with no vinnie and garcia and a new demi in front of him a lot of the time
Get off the lads case

I get where Wilf is coming from on this. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I do not consider him to be anywhere near as good as he was in 2011/12 - He's gone backwards in my opinion. That said; he's young and has time to get back on track.

Over the past season and a half, I've suspected that Joe was an accident waiting to happen - He needed the break he had when Cosy Pants took over, and came back well. He still gives me the jitters every time I watch him, whether for City or England.

As matters stand, I don't think many people would really see Joe as a 'world class' keeper. However, he definitely won't accept being an understudy at any club / level and I don't think he'll want to stay around very long if City sign genuine competition for him (i.e. Lloris) for next season. If we sign a 'makeweight' (i.e. English) keeper as back-up, we could be in serious shit if Joe has another meltdown in confidence next season.

Pellegrini & Co will have their work cut out when signing a goalkeeper this summer.

wagonman said:
The weak link in our team?

Really?

There are different ways to respond to this but assuming you are a City fan I'll say it like this...

I don't agree with your views on this matter.

Maybe, just maybe, someone else feels the same as I do and will phrase it more emphatically.

JJ

A weak link, not the weak link.
What's all this "assuming you are a City fan" shit all about?
You're entitled to your opinion but so am I and others who have expressed reservations about Joe.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Joe was border line World Class two years ago. Since then he has regressed badly. This isn't unique in young players and
for a goalkeeper Joe is still young. Keepers tend to be at their peak around about the 30 years old mark. It can go either way
for him but currently he is a weak link in the City team. The fact that he is home grown is enormously in his favour. If he was
foreign I think that we would be looking to replace him. Where the club is now we need a top class keeper to challenge for
the CL and Joe isn't at that level, although he was 2 years ago. I think that the club to some extent are gambling that he will
get back to that level. Whether he does adverts or not is irrelevant.

He did regress but I can't think of one bad mistake since he got back in the team.There isn't any keeper that never makes an error and to be honest I can't think of many that I would replace him with and non that are available. Plus we probably look back at 2012 through tinted specs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.