Joe Hart (continued)

Courtois is what we hoped Joe Hart would turn into. Ridiculously complete for a 22-year-old and belongs to Chelsea.

I hope Joe Hart can improve at least back to his pre-2013 levels again when he was probably the best young keeper around besides Neuer, despite a few flaws.

Our style would also benefit from our goalkeeper being able to quickly and accurately distribute and being able to play a 'sweeper keeper' role like Neuer. Not sure Hart will ever have those capabilities as whenever he leaves the box it often ends in chaos and his distribution while not awful is hit-and-miss.

LoveCity said:
Courtois is what we hoped Joe Hart would turn into. Ridiculously complete for a 22-year-old and belongs to Chelsea.

I hope Joe Hart can improve at least back to his pre-2013 levels again when he was probably the best young keeper around besides Neuer, despite a few flaws.

Our style would also benefit from our goalkeeper being able to quickly and accurately distribute and being able to play a 'sweeper keeper' role like Neuer. Not sure Hart will ever have those capabilities as whenever he leaves the box it often ends in chaos and his distribution while not awful is hit-and-miss.

Haven't seen much of Courtois and he may well have a dip in the future in the Premier League. As for Neuer I think he is probably the best in the world but I have seen him make errors, but the point remains who is available and better than Hart I couldn't name one.

blueparrot said:
LoveCity said:

Haven't seen much of Courtois and he may well have a dip in the future in the Premier League. As for Neuer I think he is probably the best in the world but I have seen him make errors, but the point remains who is available and better than Hart I couldn't name one.

Everybody is available if the money is right.

Lavinda Past said:
blueparrot said:
LoveCity said:

No sure everybody is but even if true it applies to every position and we are not going to buy the best in the world in every position so it's a matter of choice where we spend and I don't believe GK is a priority. Don't think the club do either.

blueparrot said:
Lavinda Past said:
blueparrot said:

No sure everybody is but even if true it applies to every position and we are not going to buy the best in the world in every position so it's a matter of choice where we spend and I don't believe GK is a priority. Don't think the club do either.

With only one recognised keeper on the books? They're fuckin mad if it isn't a priority!

Thenumber1blue said:
Lavinda Past said:
toffee balls said:
No way pal , just no.

So you think Joe Hart is the second best keeper in the world...

It takes all sorts.
Courtois and Handanovic,just yo name 2.

If Hart plied his trade in La Ligue or Serie A, folk would be lauding him in the same way as those above. Every foreign keeper I've heard talk has said our league is far more demanding than the league they've come from.

Sadly, it's often the case that people don't realise what they've got and because they watch there own team most weeks they wring their hands over everything short of perfection.

Shame.

Lavinda Past said:
blueparrot said:
Lavinda Past said:

With only one recognised keeper on the books? They're fuckin mad if it isn't a priority!

Should have said a replacement for Hart isn't a priority. Obviously we need a keeper to replace Pants, but I think it will be a definite No. 2 keeper. Certain it won't be a big money signing.

blueparrot said:
Lavinda Past said:
blueparrot said:

Should have said a replacement for Hart isn't a priority. Obviously we need a keeper to replace Pants, but I think it will be a definite No. 2 keeper. Certain it won't be a big money signing.

If Joe is going to improve, he's got to have competition. We can't go into the CL with a 'definite' No. 2 keeper - We need high quality cover for every position, so I don't see why goalkeeper would be any different. My point is that IF Joe has another bad spell I can't see him displacing a quality replacement as easily as he replaced Cosy Pants (who was a definite second string keeper).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.