Joe Hart (continued)

cibaman said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Did very well last night, but I personally feel Caballero has better distribution, which is why I can see him getting the number one spot.

As a tie breaker, doesn't making the most match winning saves, or making the fewest mistakes, trump better distribution?

I guarentee Caballero wouldnt have made half the mistakes Hart did last season.

it will start out with hart as the number 1. judging by yesterday's performance looks he is up for the fight (ignoring the penalties)

Also , interesting to read his article with hart emerging as candidate for England Captain...can you imagine the press if the England captain is dropped ! (also don't mind a city player being a captain)

Joe Hart considered for England captain after dressing room influence impresses Roy Hodgson

The Manchester City stopper has won 40 caps for his country and could be set to edge out Wayne Rooney for the armband

Joe Hart has emerged as a serious contender to be the next England captain.

It has been assumed that after Steven Gerrard quit international football, England manager Roy Hodgson would turn to Wayne Rooney to wear the prestigious armband.

But Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that consideration is also being given to Hart.

Hodgson has been impressed by the dressing room influence of the Manchester City goalkeeper who made his debut six years ago.

He is also the No.1 choice as goalkeeper in the Hodgson regime and will be the last line of defence in England’s European Championship qualifying campaign, which begins in September against Switzerland in Basel.

There is a friendly at Wembley against Norway the week before the first competitive clash, and Hodgson will reveal his new captain when the squad for the double ­header is announced.

Rooney is the favourite, but Hodgson may feel that the Manchester United striker would be more effective concentrating on his own game rather than deal with the distractions that go with the captaincy role.

Cue 6ft 5in Hart, who now has 40 caps and has been a key figure in Hodgson’s squads.

He would become the fourth goalkeeper in the modern era to captain England.

Peter Shilton led the team on 15 occasions while Ray Clemence and David Seaman have also been

skipper.

If Hodgson does opt for Rooney, it looks certain that Hart will be named as the vice­-captain.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joe-hart-considered-england-captain-3918578#ixzz394zwC8Sb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z394zwC8Sb</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

cibaman said:
Did very well last night, but I personally feel Caballero has better distribution, which is why I can see him getting the number one spot.

As a tie breaker, doesn't making the most match winning saves, or making the fewest mistakes, trump better distribution?

Really? I'd be very interested to see you bring that one to the table.

cibaman said:

Go on then, show me how that's feasible to prove.

BlueTG said:
cibaman said:

cket_zps3b7f4d37.jpg

It all comes down to how important distribution is next season, I think we look much better and more fluent as a team when the ball is coming out quickly from the back. When Joe stutters for 10 seconds and then rolls it out/knocks it hopefully forward then we can look laboured. The way it comes across to me is that Joe really doesn't have faith in himself when it comes to distribution, always second guessing himself and never playing a slightly risky ball. He really needs to work on it or learn from Willy, otherwise he's going to be back up.

Puppet Master Silva said:
It all comes down to how important distribution is next season, I think we look much better and more fluent as a team when the ball is coming out quickly from the back. When Joe stutters for 10 seconds and then rolls it out/knocks it hopefully forward then we can look laboured. The way it comes across to me is that Joe really doesn't have faith in himself when it comes to distribution, always second guessing himself and never playing a slightly risky ball. He really needs to work on it or learn from Willy, otherwise he's going to be back up.

If Hart and Willy are equal in all other respects then Willy's better distribution gets him the nod. But just how important is distribution? Over the course of a season roughly how many extra goals would we score or not concede as a result of Willy's superior distribution? 1?, 3?, 5?, 10?

I'm not saying that distribution isn't important but it seems to me that goalkeepers should really be judged on their ability to keep clean sheets. I don't have an opinion yet on whether that's Willy or Joe, because I haven't seen enough of Caballero. And certainly if Joe starts repeating the mistakes of last season then he'll soon be out of the team. But I still think the call on who starts in goal should be made on the basis of clean sheets rather than distribution.

Too early to compare the two men. I bet very few on here have seen enough of Caballero to know if he's better than Hart, let alone compare the two. The one that can is Pellegrini and his goalkeeping coach.

It would be fair to start Hart as number 1. No reason to drop him. It's Caballero's to push him and prove he's a better choice. The difference with last season however is, that whenever Pellegrini feels it's time to drop Hart it could mean the Casillas-scenario for Hart. And the last thing Pellegrini will do is the British media push him, England captain or no England-captain, British player or no British player.

Puppet Master Silva said:
I agree entirely.

BlueTG said:
cibaman said:

I believe that Caballero is a far more assured goalkeeper than Hart, you dont see the calamitous mistakes you will from Joe, not that I think joe is a bad keeper, just that he hasn't improved for a good year or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.