Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For goodness sake, the defence and midfield couldn't deal with the press, pass it round the press or make themselves available for a pass to help out the person being pressed. As such it kept coming back to the keeper. Eventually the ball had to be hoofed upfield. How is that Hart's or Willy's fault!
I really am dying to know.
The fault v arsenal was not only keeper and defenders fault. The midfield players did not come short to help out. This will come in time but if they don't try it I a friendly I'd worry in a proper match if it continues.

Because I'm being told Hart's distrinution is sub-standard. What is the standard then. I am comparing him with other keepers, and his distribution is as good as any City keeper I can remember. Name a keeper in the Premiership who is renowned for his ability on the ball, and who puts Hart to shame?

I shall repeat what has ex city goalkeepers distribution got to do with peps city in 2016?

I shall repeat what has ex city goalkeepers distribution got to do with peps city in 2016?
I shall repeat that I am comparing Hart's footballing skills with his comtemporaries and ex-City keepers. You think he's lacking, I don't see any different with Hart's distribution with keepers past or present.

I haven't seen a single argument or fact to verify his shortcomings, it's just nonsense.

Guardiola is a football manager. He doesn't play a game totally different to anyone else. We don't need to totally re-invent the art of goalkeeping because Guardiola is manager. He didn't sign Neuer. Neuer was already there, and is a total one off. There is no point comparing Hart or any keeper to Neuer. he is a total one off.

For goodness sake, the defence and midfield couldn't deal with the press, pass it round the press or make themselves available for a pass to help out the person being pressed. As such it kept coming back to the keeper. Eventually the ball had to be hoofed upfield. How is that Hart's or Willy's fault!
I really am dying to know.

Willy didn't. He carried out what was asked of him.

Hart didn't.

Pretty easy really.

Willy didn't. He carried out what was asked of him.

Hart didn't.

Pretty easy really.
Incorrect.
Willy kicked it up the field on a number of occasions.
The team changes in the second half resulted in worse passing and less picking up of runners from deep. Hence worse defending so more hoofing.
It's the Emperors new clothes this "we need a passing keeper" rubbish. It really is.

Last edited:
Incorrect.
Willy kicked it up the field on a number of occasions.
The team changes in the second half resulted in worse passing so the ball and less picking up of runners from deep. Hence worse defending so more hoofing.
It's the Emperors new clothes it really is.

Stop wumming

I've been over it and several posters have been in agreement. This is not a hate campaign.

It's not that simple.
His game has many other weaknesses apart from his distribution.

Possibly.

But the biggest issue is and will be his distribution until he learns/develops it.

I have no issue with Joe. I'd love him to prove me wrong. We've had a decent adult conversation about that part of his game but the usual suspects pipe up and try to tell us 'it's because we hate him'.

Total bollocks. He has lots of assets in his game and I'll repeat to those who have challenged it, this isn't and has never been a 'have a go at Joe thread'.

Stop wumming

I've been over it and several posters have been in agreement. This is not a hate campaign.
Sorry but did you completely forget the howlers Willy made in the last game?(could have had at least two goals from them) Willy can get away with that though the naysayers have forgotten all about it but if it were Hart it would have been repeated countless times by now. That's the difference some people are failing to admit for me he's harshly criticized for the slightest mistake. Hart tried to pass out from the back but the players on the field at the time weren't comfortable and kept passing it right back to him... that's not what he needs to adapt his game. He does need to improve, he does want to stay at this club I'm sure of that and he is smart enough to understand he'll need to convince Pep he can work with him.

Even Pep has to agree , you cannot avoid the long ball form the keeper 100% of the game , there will be occasions when the keeper has to launch it , caballero looked awful with his short passes and very uncomfortable , nearly conceding a couple of goals , Joe only played it long when there was no short ball option , and did not take the risk. If pep gets rid of Joe, it will be a big disappointment , he has been an exceptional keeper for our club , and should not be discarded within a few weeks of a new managerial appointment , he's earned the right to the time to adapt to Pep's new tactics .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.