Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but did you completely forget the howlers Willy made in the last game?(could have had at least two goals from them) Willy can get away with that though the naysayers have forgotten all about it but if it were Hart it would have been repeated countless times by now. That's the difference. Hart tried to pass out from the back but the players on the field at the time weren't comfortable and kept passing it right back to him... that's not what he needs to adapt his game. He does need to improve, he does want to stay at this club I'm sure of that and he is smart enough to understand he'll need to convince Pep he can work with him.

Willy made those howlers by attempting to carry out what was asked of him. The midfielders made that more challenging than it should have been but that's natural given its a new system.

First the record I think both Joe and Willy are lacking in this area.

Willy made those howlers by attempting to carry out what was asked of him. The midfielders made that more challenging than it should have been but that's natural given its a new system.

First the record I think both Joe and Willy are lacking in this area.
Hart did too or I wouldn't have been able to give you examples of defenders passing it back to him straight away, out of Willy and Hart who can afford to make the mistakes Willy did? I can totally see why he wouldn't want to give away a goal and eventually ended up kicking some long balls was my point, no one will let him make those mistakes.

Stop wumming

I've been over it and several posters have been in agreement. This is not a hate campaign.
I'm not wumming. I'm telling you like it is.
A high number of the legacy defence and midfield do not have the skill level, movement or effort to pass the ball out from the back.
It wouldn't matter who the fricking keeper is the result would be the same.
Clerly you and others disagree.
But there are a high number in this thread who think like me so stop wumming yourself.
It's a justified opinion.

Hart did too or I wouldn't have been able to give you examples of defenders passing it back to him straight away, out of Willy and Hart who can afford to make the mistakes Willy did? I can totally see why he wouldn't want to give away a goal and eventually ended up kicking some long balls was my point, no one will let him make those mistakes.

But in a friendly it shouldn't matter. Concede the goal and then use it to highlight where we went wrong. It was a training exercise.

Even when you think there isn't a pass on, there is. That is where Pep will manage it out of them and build the trust they need between each other as a team. The goalkeepers have to have faith that even in a tight as tight situation they can still give the ball out to the CB or whoever it may be.

But in a friendly it shouldn't matter. Concede the goal and then use it to highlight where we went wrong. It was a training exercise.

Even when you think there isn't a pass on, there is. That is where Pep will manage it out of them and build the trust they need between each other as a team. The goalkeepers have to have faith that even in a tight as tight situation they can still give the ball out to the CB or whoever it may be.
Correct but this is Joe Hart and you know damn well there would be a meal made of it right up until the season starts and who would want that in all honesty? I don't blame him, look at the post match thread of that game and tell me most fans get that.

I'm not wumming. I'm telling you like it is.
A high number of the legacy defence and midfield do not have the skill level, movement or effort to pass the ball out from the back.
It wouldn't matter who the fricking keeper is the result would be the same.
Clerly you and others disagree.
But there are a high number in this thread who think like me so stop wumming yourself.
It's a justified opinion.

I can say with a decent amount of confidence that Pep will disagree.

I'm glad he's our manager and I look forward to him and this squad proving you wrong.

I can say with a decent amount of confidence that Pep will disagree.

I'm glad he's our manager and I look forward to him and this squad proving you wrong.

I will say that if I'm proven wrong, and I hope I am, then Joe will also prove you wrong about him.

I will say that if I'm proven wrong, and I hope I am, then Joe will also prove you wrong about him.

I hope he does!

I'm talking about here and now as we stand. Both of our keepers have an issue with distribution and it needs fixing.

Even Pep has to agree , you cannot avoid the long ball form the keeper 100% of the game , there will be occasions when the keeper has to launch it , caballero looked awful with his short passes and very uncomfortable , nearly conceding a couple of goals , Joe only played it long when there was no short ball option , and did not take the risk. If pep gets rid of Joe, it will be a big disappointment , he has been an exceptional keeper for our club , and should not be discarded within a few weeks of a new managerial appointment , he's earned the right to the time to adapt to Pep's new tactics .

He played it long taking the easy option & gave the ball away.

Caballero did as he's told & tried to play it out, even if it wasn't easy. Sometimes you do have to play it long but Pep wants that to be a last resort not an easy way out.

He played it long taking the easy option & gave the ball away.

Caballero did as he's told & tried to play it out, even if it wasn't easy. Sometimes you do have to play it long but Pep wants that to be a last resort not an easy way out.

Only this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.