Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest it did cross my mind it was bit of a fuck you from Joe but I can't really believe he would be that stupid. Equally I was surprised he hardly tried to do what Pep wanted either.

That Pep was coming long before it was made official, and let's be honest it's been common knowledge on here, basically means he's done his homework on this squad quite some time ago.

We know how much detail he pays to everything, and I just think Joe is one of the squad that he'd already decided on. Joe's clearly got wind of it in some capacity and that is now becoming more and more obvious.

I think Harts days are numbered, because we were quite heavily linked with Ter Stegen, had we managed to sign him, he would have been first choice. Barca managed to convince him to stay, but he was never coming here to just apply pressure and be 2nd choice.

I think the long kicking in that game was absolutely deliberate from Joe. I got the impression that was a bit of a fuck you.

Within the first 10 mins of that second half I said exactly this to my lad and brother.

This article is very encouraging. It was updated just before midnight on Friday night. This is usually when stories are released that are embargoed until the Saturday papers go to press. The article includes quotes about Guardiola coaching Hart to improve his quality with the ball at his feet.

These are quotes that did not appear in his press conference that was broadcast, so it is likely these comments were said in the Saturday newspaper briefing part of his media duties.

The article is also adamant that Hart will start against Sunderland. Fingers crossed this was leaked by Pep to the print journalists in the later part of his media duties on Friday. If similar stories start appearing in the other nationals, I would expect Hart to start on Saturday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...er-League-season-time-says-Pep-Guardiola.html

EDIT:
Pretty much the exact same article has appeared in the Mirror saying Hart will start against Sunderland. Fingers crossed! The least he deserves is an opportunity, he's earned that.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pep-guardiola-warns-manchester-city-8618878

Last edited:
I think what Joe Hart needs to do is focus, train hard, learn and be as diligent as he can; he needs to get back to being stable and not be affected by the criticism, cynicism and disrespect for his talent that has been going on for years. It must be difficult and frustrating for him. It is what it is at the moment, he is been observed from a microscope by everybody so regardless of justice or football or common sense, the reality is that he has to play well and consistently from now on otherwise , it is a slippery slope. It is tough, unfair but as I said, it is what it is.

Joe Hart has being one of the most important players, one of the best players in the club for the past 5-6 years, played an integral part in the title successes we have had, has an incredible record in terms of clean sheets and golden glove and brings a lot of real energy and soul at the back. His distribution has been picked out of the haystack and amplified and focused on and it is certainly something he has to improve on but he is one of the best goal keepers around and has been that for a while now.

So, I do not agree with the prospect of selling him because it does not make sense to get rid of one of the leading players in the squad at a relatively young age for a goal keeper after he has served the club very well for so long, and still have room to improve. He did not become a bad keeper overnight. Caballero is no where near as good and that Stergen fella is also not a better goal keeper. He may be better at ball distribution but that is not enough justification to lose A LOT, profoundly, by selling a player like Joe Hart.

I am sure discussions between the board and Pep has been going on for a while and my opinion is that the club does not want to sell for a multitude of reasons, e.g. the ones mentioned above especially the fact that he has been such a major leader and player over the years and is still relatively young. I will say it now that Joe Hart will not be sold but lets see how it all plays out.

The media will not rest in their attack as if he was the only English player that did not play well during the Euros but as it is with Sterling and now Stones actually, they turn on any English player that signs for City and that will remain the case but people should cleave themselves from all that and remember!!!, and appreciate the player Joe Hart actually is and his worth to the club

He's a true City legend and deserves a chance to show he can learn and adapt. If he can't or won't then fair enough

I'd love to see JH play his whole career at City and stroll off into the sunset in 10 years time as a hero with a shed full of medals and 150 England caps

It's just Pep trying to light a fire under the lad since he had a tough time at the Euros. Guardiola is a master motivator and he knows just how far to push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.