Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harts our best keeper by a long distance, but Pep likes his sweeper keepers, Joe needs to addapt simple as that.

I recall Bobby used to have us play out the back at times and Joe managed to do it, but then he had Vinny and Joleon to give it to who were comfy on the ball, passing to nando , mangala and otter has seen goals given away last year, so understand harts hesitance to do it but maybe having stones there will help.

I have only ever been gutted to see a keeper go when Coton did, but unlike then I expect a better quality keeper to arrive than Eike Immel

Last edited:
posted it in the ter stegan thread... IF pep doesn't play Hart today... Think Hart would have a fairly good idea how is standing is in the team with regards to being a starter.

For a personal point of view for Hart, if he doesn't play today and even the 2nd game... He should be getting on the phone with his agent for a new club (hope it would be bigger than Everton) coz from what I have seen he is a proud English man and would want to be England 's no. 1 for a long while and it won't happen if he sits on the bench for us.( of course we would only let him leave if we get Ter Stegan)

Harts our best keeper by a long distance, but Pep likes his sweeper keepers, Joe needs to addapt simple as that.

I recall Bobby used to have us play out the back at times and Joe managed to do it, but then he had Vinny and Joleon to give it to who were comfy on the ball, passimg to nando , mamgala and otter has seen goals given away last year, so understand harts hesitance to do it but maybe having stones there will help.

I have only ever been gutted to see a keeper go when Coton did, but unlike then I expect a better quality keeper to arrive than Eike Immel

It is against the rules to mention that Lescott was comfortable on the ball. The official line is that he gave it away all the time (even though he hardly ever did).

It's a different thing that we are trying to build from the back though. In Bob's team, if there was no pass on from the cbs to the midfield, they could just give it back to Joe & he would lump it towards Dzeko (who would pretend to challenge for it) or often, to the linesman. In a Pep team, if they are forced to pas to Joe, he is expected to control it & pass it again, then maybe again & again then maybe play a perfect 30 yard pass to the fullback.

Why would Pep publicly state his admiration for Joe's qualities, and then not play him, or even worse, bring in a new keeper without giving him the chance to adapt ?
As Urban Genie just commented, Joe had Mangala/ Otomendi in front of him last season, and we all had our head in our hands whenever Mangala had the ball at his feet!
Surely Pep can improve Hart's game? And with Stones, and hopefully Vinny at some point in front of him, his confidence at playing out from the back will increase considerably.
Ditching one of our longest serving players wouldn't go down well with the fans either.

I recall Bobby used to have us play out the back at times and Joe managed to do it, but then he had Vinny and Joleon to give it to who were comfy on the ball, passimg to nando , mamgala and otter has seen goals given away last year, so understand harts hesitance to do it but maybe having stones there will help.

Lescott comfortable on the ball ?

This could be our Ronaldinho moment, who was dropped when pep joined despite being a back bone for the previous year s... Ofcourse the big difference is Joe's attitude is spot on and is a positive role model for the dressing room

I want him to stay and hope this situation is more comparable to when he came back when pellegrini dropped him and he came back strong

Last edited:
Lescott comfortable on the ball ?

Yes a player we have failed to replace and that side of defence has suffered because of it, may jave not been as smootj as vinny, but lescott a key part of that title win and FA cup run the year before.

Anyway this is about Joe not Joleon, Hart I hope addapts and stays.

If I was Joe, as soon as I got a wind that Pep might be our manager, I would've get on th phone with him and asking him what his plans are, especially about the GK position. Then maybe Pep would say 'you can't pass the ball, i'm gonna go with another keeper'. But during that time until now, Joe has 6-7 months to train his ball-playing skills instead of waiting out until now. I really believe Joe took his starting position for granted, and that he never would've been replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.