Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe is finished at City . I am just surprised that Pep is adamant that Joe can't adapt and that he is hardly been back a few weeks.

Either way , Bravo looks increasingly likely to join and we will support him once he is back.

It’s a real shame to say this but Joe Hart is far too good to play back-up to anyone so don’t expect to see him at here after August.

most city fans would have thrown Hart under a bus this time last year just to get pep in as manager, now he's here it's time to let him do his thing. Sad to see him go because It's obvious how much he loves the club, but all that aside, he's not looked confident handling the ball for a long time either.

I think you know what was meant mr Meldrew....
"... Gold gloves, team of the year, great saves..."

You answered "Kyle Walker". Obviously the above are relevant to him as well otherwise it was just a stupid, irrelevant answer, sorry for wanting to learn something new Mr. Backwards Smiley (:

I agree with most saying that he isn't that comfortable with the ball. But he hasn't played this way under previous managers.

i liked this article from city watch. Think many on this forum happy to get rid of Hart at the earliest.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/08/14/manchester-city-2-1-sunderland-what-we-learned/

Picking Willy Caballero was without doubt a statement from Guardiola. he wants a new goalkeeper and he doesn’t trust Hart at all.

Joe Hart apparently can’t play out from the back with his feet. I’m not so sure that’s true myself because I’ve never seen Hart be asked to play that way but Pep’s convinced. Pellegrini never asked it of him and Roberto Mancini definitely didn’t. So it’s quite a surprise that Pep is so adamant he wants to replace him when he’s only been back for a few weeks.

As for replacements, one of the Barcelona keepers look set to join and it’s looking increasingly like Claudio Bravo. Marc-Andre ter Stegen is the dream but it looks Pep will have to do with the 33-year old Chilean now.

It’s a real shame to say this but Joe Hart is far too good to play back-up to anyone so don’t expect to see him at Manchester City after August.

Also Henry Winter does make a good point

believes it's too soon to write off Hart, and that the skills he possesses still suit the Premier League.

"Let's not underestimate Joe Hart," he said. "He's been in this situation before and went back, improved and fought back.
"He's a tough individual and a professional. He's not going to become Manuel Neuer or even Franz Beckenbauer overnight, but he will work on this. So let's not write him off.

"This is English football, not like in Spain where a lot of the keepers have time to control the ball, they get closed down very quickly in this league so it's not easy to play the ball out from the back."

It's Pep call that is Final as it should be.. but let's not write Hart off just yet is what I am saying

"... Gold gloves, team of the year, great saves..."

You answered "Kyle Walker". Obviously the above are relevant to him as well otherwise it was just a stupid, irrelevant answer, sorry for wanting to learn something new Mr. Backwards Smiley (:

So you follow, it was in reference to a player being picked above others in POTY and TOTY because of nationality... You know, like Kun being ignored for 5 years.... You go round in circles bud... You obviously believe those golden gloves are a consequence of Joe and his ability, I disagree as we had the best leader in England in front of him!

So you follow, it was in reference to a player being picked above others in POTY and TOTY because of nationality... You know, like Kun being ignored for 5 years.... You go round in circles bud... You obviously believe those golden gloves are a consequence of Joe and his ability, I disagree as we had the best leader in England in front of him!

well why not scrap the Golden Glove concept then ? if you are not going to give any credit to Joe or any other keeper and it's because the defenders are the reason for the CS only

Sentiment held more weight, more influence, under Pellegrini. A man who held no real power in the corridors of the club.

It's the same reason a fat, out of shape, completely half arsed Yaya was guaranteed to be first name on the team sheet every week under Pellegrini.

Pep won't accept that, nor will he accept a goalkeeper that can't adapt to his style of play.

Fairly straightforward.

I said this last year, and got plenty of stick for it from those who simply refused to recognise it, but this has been a long time coming. Joe has been a very good servant for this club, but he has his flaws, and anyone who couldn't see this day coming under Pep has a pretty rudimentary understanding of the sport and/or is completely blinded by sentiment.

We should be grateful that we have a manager with a backbone and the mandate to clear up shop and take this club to heights we otherwise wouldn't be able to reach.

We're in safe hands. Trust the man in charge.

Great post Said the same myself when Pep was confirmed Joe will have a problem adapting, there's no room for sentiment in Pep's world he's a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.