Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make many arguments about Joe's perennially poor distribution, his shot stopping decline and his attitude but at the end of the day whether he leaves or not is Pep's choice.

We didn't bring in Pep to cock block him from picking the team he wants and Joe simply doesn't fit the mould. It's unfortunate but there it is.

Nobody here doesn't love Joe. He's a City legend and that'll never change, but if Pep wants him replaced then it's time both he and we move on.

When you look at Pep coaching career and see the players he's had issues with it was either players, who had ego problems, were strong figures (in a bad way), or just weren't good enough.

Dinho/Deco were pillars of bring Barca out of their dark years, yet Pep transferred them and it was for the better of the team, the lads Xavi and Iniesta didn't do too bad I'd say :) Eto'o called Pep a nobody in a training session and refused to listen to him in many occasions. Ibra, well it's Ibra he's shock till this day a manager stood up against him.

At BM he got rid of the leading strikers in their treble winning years Gomez (mainly due to injuries) and Mandzu (he has a massive ego even Simeone had issues with him).

Gotze was a blockbuster signing under him, yet was only a squad player, Pep even said himself he loves Gotze, but reality is Gotze got too lazy and eventually his WC winning goal and being Germany hero got to his head and he just wasn't the same again.

Look at what Xavi recently said about Pep,

“The first thing I remember him saying as a Coach was that he would not tolerate any player not working hard.

“’This is the only thing that I require, that you work hard for the group [what Pep said].’ This was a surprise for us.

I'd assume perhaps Hart attitude and commitment in training isn't, this is also why maybe some of the players who shouldn't be playing are maybe they are trying really hard and training and Pep is giving them a chance.

Also Pep, nor any other managers has some kind of magic wand to make people perform or develop talent, the players have to make an effort also. Look at BM he gave some of their youth a chance, but none really impressed him, but look at his faith in the non BM youth Kimmich and Koman, both were amazing, but also worked hard and didn't complain.

Anyways will never really know the turth even if Hart goes and speaks, Pep won't as he didn't say anything when Ibra or Eto'o hit out to him.

I think there is more to it than Hart being bad with his feet... think i can be more about his personality, strong in dressing room and somehow rubbing Pep the wrong way too... he has not had the same time as caballero to learn anything... judging him from one half against arsenal with a makeshift defence seems extreme... so I think it has more with his other qualities/weaknesses to do... read somewhere that Pep doesnt like strong leaders in the dressing room and that team spirit is very important... I might be totally wrong here but there is more to this story than "only" being bad with his feet especially since the time to learn has not been given as I would have thought everyone would have..

What do you guys think?

How does having strong leaders work contrary to the team spirit? We need leaders on the pitch to rally the team in times of adversities. David Silva/Fernandinho are not great leaders IMO. Joe Hart is, and we don't want to lose him to strengthen another team in the PL. I wish to see Pep give him atleast a year to monitor if the sweeper role can be taught to him. Gutted if he goes without being given a chance.

How does having strong leaders work contrary to the team spirit? We need leaders on the pitch to rally the team in times of adversities. David Silva/Fernandinho are not great leaders IMO. Joe Hart is, and we don't want to lose him to strengthen another team in the PL. I wish to see Pep give him atleast a year to monitor if the sweeper role can be taught to him. Gutted if he goes without being given a chance.

If Joe is this "strong leader" why did he not get voted as captain or vice captain over Silva who has never been above him in that regard? He's vocal, but I'm not sure the players respect him as much as he appears to act or has been given status for by Pellegrini when given the armband a few times, and I am a very big fan of Joe, and have defended him many times. I am not saying players don't respect him, but perhaps it isn't about being a "strong leader" as much as he seems that way, but maybe to some players now it's not having the same effect.

I wish him much success, am gutted this is ocurring, and eternally grateful for his contributions, as he has been really a great City player who I wish we could keep, but I cannot see this working out. The writing has been on the wall since Pep became our manager. It is a bitter pill to swallow for him, as fans, and Pep knows this as well, but it clearly has to be done. I think that's why he was dropped now. If he was not and then in the background made a move for Bravo or whoever, it would be even worse. At least Pep is being up front about it as respectfully as he can. I do not envy him and it sure tells us who is the boss now.

Joe will be a great asset to whatever club he plays for and I will always be a fan of his.

If Joe is this "strong leader" why did he not get voted as captain or vice captain over Silva who has never been above him in that regard? .

I heard Pep say Silva was chosen for him being the senior most player in the squad. I think if Joe was playing, he would have been the captain. Or am I missing something ?
I am a strong believer of having leaders on the pitch, especially now since most of our squad is soon going to be comprising of very young players. They are going to engage in high profile/pressure games and are bound to make mistakes as well. Having a club legend and a leader will help them.
It's unfortunate that instead of spending our efforts in moving out Mangala/Kolarov/Bony/Nasri/Yaya and bringing in a fullback and a CM, we are having to focus on replacing a club legend, homegrown and a decent GK.

If Joe is this "strong leader" why did he not get voted as captain or vice captain over Silva who has never been above him in that regard? He's vocal, but I'm not sure the players respect him as much as he appears to act or has been given status for by Pellegrini when given the armband a few times, and I am a very big fan of Joe, and have defended him many times. I am not saying players don't respect him, but perhaps it isn't about being a "strong leader" as much as he seems that way, but maybe to some players now it's not having the same effect.

I wish him much success, am gutted this is ocurring, and eternally grateful for his contributions, as he has been really a great City player who I wish we could keep, but I cannot see this working out. The writing has been on the wall since Pep became our manager. It is a bitter pill to swallow for him, as fans, and Pep knows this as well, but it clearly has to be done. I think that's why he was dropped now. If he was not and then in the background made a move for Bravo or whoever, it would be even worse. At least Pep is being up front about it as respectfully as he can. I do not envy him and it sure tells us who is the boss now.

Joe will be a great asset to whatever club he plays for and I will always be a fan of his.

Just throwing it out there but Pep stated he was the one who decided Silva to be captain. Said he was there the longest that's why

£20,000,000 reported for joe is this some kind of sick joke

I think his shit euros and being dropped by Pep have really hurt what we can get for him. I think pre euros we were looking at 30-40 million. Now 25 seems a lot more realistic.
It doesn't help that many of the teams who would pay a large fee have keepers currently perceived to be better or at least just as good as Joe.

To be honest, just surprised it has gone downhill for Joe so fast. Thought he would have been given a season. So long Joe. Would be weird to see him go to Everton, but he has to save his England career, that would make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.