Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely gutted about these news. I've been cluthing straws until now, but it seems like it's 100 % over for Hart now. I'll always be grateful to him for his contributions during his time at our club.

If he stays and fights for his place he will become a better player under Pep, but that no longer appears a possibility.

Why is it not a possibility? Pep can bring in Bravo instead of Caballero (who is no better than Hart) and give competition to Hart. Meanwhile, Hart can try to adapt to Pep's system and see how he fares in a season's time and then take a decision on him. Isn't that better for all ?

Won't losing Hart mean an even smaller senior playing squad?
I don't understand that.

Has Guardiola actually said anything to mean Hart's out?

My guess would be that Joe knew well before the Arsenal match that the writing was on the wall. A guy like Pep wouldn't just dump him after a 45 minute cameo. He's seen somethings in the overall package that he feels he can't work with, so unfortunately Joe has to go.
Just a shame we can't let him go without the tittle tattle and character assassination. He's done well for us and I'll be sorry to see him go but at the end of the day if he's not seen as a fit in the next phase of our evolution there's nowt that can be done about it. He moves on we move on. C'est la vie.
Farewell Joe. Thanks for the some wonderful memories.

Why is it not a possibility? Pep can bring in Bravo instead of Caballero (who is no better than Hart) and give competition to Hart. Meanwhile, Hart can try to adapt to Pep's system and see how he fares in a season's time and then take a decision on him. Isn't that better for all ?

Thing is Hart is a very good goal keeper who wouldn't want to sit on the bench. He had a poor Euros and wouldn't to put his English no. 1 in danger by being 2nd choice. It's pretty understandable.

If we were not getting Bravo, I would understand that let Joe be in the bench , till he is able to adapt to Pep. But clearly Pep doesn't want wait too long. If he sits on the bench, his place for the country is gone too.

I should think all keepers through the club from 8 to 18 will suddenly be assessing how good they are as passers rather than shot stoppers!

You could almost argue, and perhaps some of these better footwork keepers were already, that it could be wise to retrain a centre half who's slow, but decent with his feet on the art of shot stopping.

Reckon MDM with a years training would have been a better sweeper keeper than he was ever a centre half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.