Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that Hart is a great influence in the dressing room (hmmm), you do realise that Bravo has captained his country for a good few years and is a born leader?

The players leaving, Hart, Yaya and Nasri do indeed have big personalities, they've been wagging the dog for a while and it's no surprise Pep appears to have sidelined them.

You may think we take our identity from those three but I don't. I simply thank them for their contribution and wish them well.

Personally I think he is a big influence in the dressing room. But we'll never know that for certain really. Your point regarding the experience of Bravo is a fair one although he of course hasn't been at City for ten years is it now? Surely the fact that Hart is a long standing member of our team has to count for something. There may have been better leaders than say Lampard for Chelsea or Carragher for Liverpool but would they have been replaced so easily? I really don't think so. We have a new way of playing now and I get that but Hart deserves at least a year to be given a proper chance.

I'm genuinely no where near as outraged as some at the prospect of Hart leaving our club. I'm just a bit concerned that we're losing players who are passionate about the club they are playing for. I appreciate not all of our players can be like that but we need a couple in the starting eleven that do.

I would see no identity loss with the sale of Nasri or Yaya. Its Hart, Zabaleta and Kompany who I hold in a different regard to other players. People might find it odd that I'm more attached to those players than others but it's what I think. You can replace the quality of most of our squad but it's a lot harder to replace those characters

Joe Hart is nowhere near as bad on the ball as some people on here make out. There are only a handful of keepers in the PL who are better than Joe with the ball at their feet and I don't think you can underestimate our past styles of play in regards to Joe's distribution stats. Hart would be a brilliant signing for any PL side as in most sides, a GK's on the ball skills are not a crucial factor. Don't forget though that Pep is changing the traditional 'British' role of a goalkeeper, the way Joe has been coached throughout his career.

I also don't think that Joe has in any way ignored Pep's ideas. In the friendly against Arsenal there were plenty of times where Hart played a simple pass to the full back or centre back. There were also a few times where he played it long when if he was a bit more composed he could have played a pass. The fact he hit it long a few times doesn't necessarily mean that he can't adapt to Pep's plans. There were occasions on Saturday where Willy, Stones, Kolarov and Fernandinho smashed it long and Pep applauded them. If you are not sure or uncomfortable then play it safe and that's what Hart did.

That said, it was Joe's lack of composure when a pass was available which shows why Pep wants an upgrade. That doesn't mean Joe is shit or cannot play a short pass like some on here have made out. It simply means that at the moment there are better keepers suited to Pep's style than Joe.

Pep is doing the right thing by the club in bringing in the best man for the job. It's unfortunate for Hart in the sense that he seems to be a casualty of Pep's game plan but you don't bring in a manager like Pep, who will revolutionise the side to play his way, and not give him the tools he needs.

However, calling Joe shit because he because he isn't tailored made for Pep's style is fucking stupid IMO. It's just as bad as those who criticise Pep for not winning the CL.

How fucking dare you call me a disgrace and accuse me of hating our players?

I fucking love Joe Hart. I love Zabba, I love Vinnie, I love Aguero and I love Yaya Toure. However, I am not blinkered enough to think that a single one of those players is the best in the world in their position. I loved Ian Bishop, SWP, Andy Hinchcliffe and Niall Quinn but when they left, I carried on supporting the club in the best way I possibly could at every occasion and only finances has ever had an affect on my complete devotion to my football club.

I'll be gutted when/if Joe Hart leaves. It'll take me ages to love the new keeper like I love Hart just in the same way it took me years to accept that he was as good as Tony Coton. I've also got a 7 year old daughter who says she'll support whoever Hart signs for.

The top and bottom of my feelings is this though - the only employee of the club who I absolutely believe is the best in the world at what they do is Pep Guardiola. If he sold Aguero tomorrow I'd be gutted but excited to see how he plans to better the team. You need to step away from the keyboard because you're making a dick of yourself.

Tony Coton?? Hart isn't in the same league!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.