Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you say the PL is unique, I ask how, you state DDG.

I riposte using the fact that South American football is just as physical and give two examples of keepers that had zero issue coming to the PL and that DDG was a child.

You give up.

Super. Thanks.

You didn't say South American football, you said Chilean football. I don't believe that you have watched much Chilean football, I can't prove that but I have absolutely no doubt that for the purposes of this argument you will be an expert. Does stating two keepers who had zero issues coming to the Prem mean that there can be never be any issues for a keeper coming to the Prem? There are plenty of keepers who have come here with good reputations and have left having been crap just as there are those who have come here and been fine. The sad thing is that although I am sad to see Joe go, I don't have an issue with Bravo coming in as number one, I can see that for our particular circumstances he is probably (hopefully) going to be a better fit. It is you that is so zealous that you can't even admit that it is debatable who is the better of the two keepers, which was my original point. I would expect a normal person to understand that that is debatable even if you happen to be of the opinion that Bravo is the better all round keeper. But I don't think you're entirely normal, so yes, if it makes you happy, you win, it is a FACT that Bravo is the better keeper.

Absolutely not. Just can't be arsed arguing any longer with someone who doesn't even have the capacity to admit that it is at least debatable who is the better of the two keepers which is all that I am saying. I have seen you at work on here enough to know that there is no arguing with you once you have decided something.

Lets be honest if he was anywhere near as good as Bravo then Barcelona would have taken Hart instead of signing Jasper Cilleson. Everton have just counted themselves out (if he's as good as some would have us believe they would have been a natural fit) and there doesn't appear to be a lot of takers for Joe Hart. He's been letting in soft goals for the last couple of years and we've been turning a blind eye because it's Joe Hart and we all like him because he's English and a great representative of the club. Unfortunately that doesn't make him a great keeper.

I love the man, I'm very grateful for the years of service he has given the club and he will always be a legend to me for the period of success he was a part of and the loyalty and dedication he has shown the club BUT he's not as good as we all thought.

You didn't say South American football, you said Chilean football. I don't believe that you have watched much Chilean football, I can't prove that but I have absolutely no doubt that for the purposes of this argument you will be an expert. Does stating two keepers who had zero issues coming to the Prem mean that there can be never be any issues for a keeper coming to the Prem? There are plenty of keepers who have come here with good reputations and have left having been crap just as there are those who have come here and been fine. The sad thing is that although I am sad to see Joe go, I don't have an issue with Bravo coming in as number one, I can see that for our particular circumstances he is probably (hopefully) going to be a better fit. It is you that is so zealous that you can't even admit that it is debatable who is the better of the two keepers, which was my original point. I would expect a normal person to understand that that is debatable even if you happen to be of the opinion that Bravo is the better all round keeper. But I don't think you're entirely normal, so yes, if it makes you happy, you win, it is a FACT that Bravo is the better keeper.
You're right. Stating two keepers doesn't prove a rule any more than you mentioning DDG. This whole "PL is unique" bollocks is just media hype. It's exactly the same for keepers as any other league and we have just bought the best keeper, from the best team, from the best league in the world. And against their will.

It's debatable that Bony is better than Aguero.

It's debatable that United are title favourites.

Name a subject and it is always debatable.

That doesn't mean that one side of the debate isn't wrong though.

I find the city fans already stating they think Pep is wrong here astounding, just listen to your reasoning spelled out to you...

We all wanted the best coach, we got the best coach, best coach makes a decision and BEFORE there is anything even close to substance to judge some feel (even half a season of play) he is wrong for xyz reason? I have to ask on what do you base this considering you have no genuine gauge or measurement. The argument he is right comes with him being the best coach around and the trophies he has won. As a City fan i feel it is wrong to state Pep is already wrong as you have nothing to base it on besides a certain level of affection.

You are attempting to give credit to your pov via listing 4 articles you have dug out to suit your agenda, i know you have because i just googled 'top ten keepers' and the telegraph link at the TOP of the page does state he is better. Did it take you long to dig all them out? :-D

I like Hart but support City so rather than make bold opinions Pep is wrong with nothing to base it on (in fact i would say his success shows he is closer to being right) barring personal ideals. I choose to support him and wish Joe all the very best should he move.

attempting to give credit to your pov via listing 4 articles you have dug out to suit your agenda, i know you have because i just googled 'top ten keepers' and the telegraph link at the TOP of the page does state he is better. Did it take you long to dig all them out? :-D
Fair play for taking the time to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.