Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most professional 'keepers are probably better on the ball than your average amateur footballer so let's hope that the back four make themselves more available, which really is the key to it, and Joe spends his spare time doing keepy uppies all summer!

I can't see that a 'keeper needs to do more than play a 10 yard pass to a defender. Perhaps the back four have just been slacking off when it went back to him as nobody was bothered if he just booted it long. He does seem to like rolling and throwing it short a lot so he's probably not against the idea at all.

Most professional 'keepers are probably better on the ball than your average amateur footballer so let's hope that the back four make themselves more available, which really is the key to it, and Joe spends his spare time doing keepy uppies all summer!

I can't see that a 'keeper needs to do more than play a 10 yard pass to a defender. Perhaps the back four have just been slacking off when it went back to him as nobody was bothered if he just booted it long. He does seem to like rolling and throwing it short a lot so he's probably not against the idea at all.
Yep, I think too much emphasis is being put on the ideal 'sweeper keeper' role. Al the top keepers in the world have deficiencies, the nature of the job puts any deficiency absolutely under the microscope. However, I can't seriously believe that the ability to play a 10 yard ball to a team=mate (particularly one that makes himself available in a confident manner) is something that only one or two top class keepers have the ability to perform.

E.g. As good as De Gea's shop stopping has been this season, some of his distribution, especially when under pressure has been atrocious - and I mean atrocious, often skewing the ball off into row Z. It's often overlooked simply because he's bailed them out that often over the last couple of seasons.

The issue is none of us know the specific instructions that the Manager has given to the goalkeeper

It does seem clear that the instructionsfrom City managers has been to get Joe on goal kicks to try and land the ball on the full backs head hence so many balls going out for a throw in. I believe this is due to the fact that we have no-one up front to head the ball. When Bony was used the ball was kicked much more centrally

As for passing to defenders in free play I think this is down to the mentatlity of the manager and the players at their disposal. When Joe has Kompany in front of him he seems very able in passing the ball out but when it is Otamendi and Mangala not nearly so comfortable and that might be down to concerns the manager has about the players ability to play the ball especially if being closed down by attackers

The same could be true with England especially with Cahill and Smalling neither of whom give confidence in being comfortable as ball playing centre halves

I genuinely this will be the area that will most change with Pep. He believes in a possession based game and it will be imperative that all players including defenders are comfortable at receiving the ball in tight situations and passing it. This is down to being confident that even before the ball is received the player knows where the player he wishes to pass to will be and this comes from organisation and drills learnt on the training pitch. Therefore a player almost doesnt need to look up to find a team mate he knows that a player will be in position A to receive

This means that the goalkeeper will be encouraged to pass to any of the defenders available even if they are being pressed I am sure Joe will be encouraged at City to pass to any defender

We shall see but I think Pep is likely to give Joe this season to see if he can fit into his system of playing

Watching Hart's distribution tonight, and something tells me that Hart won't be the #1 Gk under Pep for that long........
Unless it really improves under Pep.

Just me who is surprised the goalkeeping coach is staying? He can only be the one telling Hart to punch the ball every time rather than catch it.

Watching Hart's distribution tonight, and something tells me that Hart won't be the #1 Gk under Pep for that long........
Unless it really improves under Pep.
Fuck distribution,he's a fucking goalkeeper they stop players from the opposite side from scoring,jesus fucking wept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.