Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand Pep wanting a "sweeper keeper" but I'm sorry but I'm not buying into the idea that Joe can't improve on this.

You have to look at the overall picture and Joe Hart would walk into a lot of teams right now. Every keeper makes mistakes and people judging him on the Euros...well Sterling hasn't done bad has he?

There has to be other reasons of which we don't know as if Pep wanted to keep him he would do. Joe Hart on his day is one of the best one on one shot stoppers in the world - is goalkeeping all about kicking all of a sudden?

Pep doesn't like him it's obvious and I wouldnt be suprised if Gunn was picked or sub next week.

Yeah 'one of the best keepers in the world'

funny how nobodies queuing up to buy him............maybe Everton ffs

New to the Forum,

Been a fan all my life obviously with my old man being one and although I haven't endured what a lot of people have who are a good few years my senior, at 24 one of my fondest memories growing up being our DIV 2 play-off win against Gillingham with Dickov and Weaver being our Hero's. As I've seen us progress one player I've always admired and held in high regard is Joe Hart. 10 Years of service we have seen him grow into one of the best goalkeepers in the World, and although his distribution and decision making can be sometimes called into question nobody can doubt his presence between the sticks, leadership qualities and shot stopping abilities. Yes he has made mistakes , as every goalkeeper and player has but I feel he has more than atoned for those errors with the many games he has saved our skin with his man of the match performances.

Yes it's a new era, with Pep and his style of play I like many am very excited for the seasons ahead. But I do feel maybe Pep should give Joe more time to bring him back down to earth and instead of dismissing his style of play and moving him on when in his prime. Spend the time coaching him, to buy into his style of play and bring the best out of him. I for one would be very sad to see Joe go..
So you were seven when we beat Gillingham and you have fond memories?
You may have to submit to a polygraph test mate to establish your true credentials as a Blue.
I'm sure the Mods will oblige.
Otherwise your account will be monitored very carefully by rag hunters on this forum.

Being a top manager is all about having 100% faith in your convictions and that's why Pep is the best. He's not going to try and force Joe Hart into the team because he's a big name and been at the club a fair while, he looks at him objectively and judges that he can't do what he needs his keeper to do, so he's getting a keeper who can. It's pretty much that simple.

If Pep isn't sure Joe can adapt that it makes sense to move him on and bring someone else in who he knows can. At least Pep has been honest with him about it. I'm sure if he was playing him he would be criticised if he was just to sell him completely out of the blue after he starts the season as first choice.

The one thing I'm worried about is certain sections of our fanbase turning on Pep. I'll reiterate; Pep is the third consecutive manager we've had who has believed that Hart should be replaced. This isn't just about Hart's abilities as a keeper, it's also about his attitude. As much as Hart has done and achieved, let's not forget his role in Mancini's sacking, his strops under Pellegrini and how in the brief time he's played under Pep, he's completely ignored instruction. Hart has certain sections of the fanbase under his thumb and he knows it, hence his ego leading him to believe he can fuck about management.

This is the same Joe Hart who had a strop at being loaned to Birmingham but then after he enjoyed himself there wouldn't shut up about Birmingham in the months after he returned. The same Joe Hart who's best mates with half of the Utd squad - don't make comparisons with Buzz & Best, holidays with Rooney you can accept, sat with van Persie at X-Factor hours after van Persie has scored a last minute winner in a Derby is a piss take. The same Joe Hart who on both occasions of being dropped by Pellegrini had within 48 hours briefed the media of his desire to look elsewhere if he didn't get his way.

Forget the badge pulling and all the aggro, he's served us well but he's a prick and if De Gea had left the Scum last summer then Hart would've flown to that lot. He's tried to fuck about with the wrong manager and his luck has run out.

Thanks for the saves, thanks for the contributions but no individual is bigger or better than Manchester City, particularly not one who thinks he can manipulate the same club and it's fanbase to his wishes.

Pep has stated that Hart could probably do it but that he needs a ball passing keeper now - not in seven months. (Assorted press conference quotes).
I'm not sure Willy fits the bill either but he can just about do it now.
The rumours are strong that we are getting a Barca Keeper so Hart is surplus to requirements. Sad but true.
Hart can thus leave or go in loan. Let's hope the club doesn't play silly buggers and prevent him going where ever he wants to go, for that would be bad treatment. His record for the club deserves some respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.