Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

Before the goal went in as well people were singing "Joe Hart is a champion" and "England's number 1".

He gets the support but my god he hasn't repaid it in 2 seasons now.

Laertes said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
2 PL Titles

1 FA Cup

1 League Cup

1 Charity Shield

1 runners up PL

Goalkeeper wise, Joe played is part well…… He lets in one lousy goal.

Cut the lad some slack, he's City though and through like us.
Do you not think people have been cutting him slack for the last 12-18 months?

He's had 90k bits of slack paid into his bank account this week. A decent game last week but one player makes one mistake and there's three points out of the window! At this level it is not good enough. He was a better goalkeeper the season he came back after the Birmingham loan.

Hart was poor today.

His awareness of what's around to pass or throw to is poor, it needs to improve all the time, but today he just wasn't scanning around to look at what's there. He just looks in one direction and then panics.

There's nothing particularity wrong with the distribution when he does it, it's just that he hasn't got the awareness to get things done quicker.

The goal...in saying nothing but; weak!

He's much better than today's showin but he needs to improve so much!

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
2 PL Titles

1 FA Cup

1 League Cup

1 Charity Shield

1 runners up PL

Same medal haul as Dzeko and look how he gets treated on here Hart is not beyond criticism and he has had many chances but he is no longer improving as a keeper

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Laertes said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
2 PL Titles

1 FA Cup

1 League Cup

1 Charity Shield

1 runners up PL

Do you not think people have been cutting him slack for the last 12-18 months?

He's had 90k bits of slack paid into his bank account this week. A decent game last week but one player makes one mistake and there's three points out of the window! At this level it is not good enough. He was a better goalkeeper the season he came back after the Birmingham loan.

When he had a point to prove and an impact to make, he was outstanding, now he is trying to protect his position, both in our goal and as England no. 1 he's making errors, ironically through the fear of making errors!

The goal was so soft, really should be doing better, that said there's other aspects of his game that worry me more. He has no command at all of his 18 yard box, you hardly ever hear him communicating with his back 4 and his distribution hasn't improved at over the last couple of seasons, which seeing as it s one of his biggest weaknesses is a worry for me. He just doesn't let go of it quick enough, then when he finally decides to hoof it long it goes towards Aguero who has no chance of winning it in the air against a CB and we invariably find ourselves defending as the ball has bypassed the midfield on its way back.
He's capable of so much more which is why it pisses me off so much to see him in this form. Goalkeeping is so much more than shot stopping these days, he needs to get working on his game as a whole or I can't see him lasting until Xmas as number 1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.