Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

Hart lets in shots a blind man could save, his left side being particularly horrendous

There's nothing wrong with Hart, he's more than good enough. Great attitude too. Every keeper in the world makes some mistakes, just like every striker in the world misses good chances. Doesn't mean they're shit. Doesn't mean De Gea or Stoke's keeper is better. They're not. Nor is Cech. Hart is our no. 1 because he's fucking good, that's why we've won two titles, an FA Cup and a League Cup with him in nets.

Jack Wills said:
There's nothing wrong with Hart, he's more than good enough. Great attitude too. Every keeper in the world makes some mistakes, just like every striker in the world misses good chances. Doesn't mean they're shit. Doesn't mean De Gea or Stoke's keeper is better. They're not. Nor is Cech. Hart is our no. 1 because he's fucking good, that's why we've won two titles, an FA Cup and a League Cup with him in nets.

yep, a world class attacking line up and the worlds best defender had nothing to do with it.

Hart has his faults, he makes mistakes he shoudnt be.

bluechampion7891 said:
Jack Wills said:

yep, a world class attacking line up and the worlds best defender had nothing to do with it.

It's a team game, Hart is part of that world class team. Course he'll make mistakes, just like Kompany, or Aguero missing an easy chance. They're only human. Neuer makes mistakes, so does Courtois and every other keeper.

Jack Wills said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Jack Wills said:

It's a team game, Hart is part of that world class team. Course he'll make mistakes, just like Kompany, or Aguero missing an easy chance. They're only human. Neuer makes mistakes, so does Courtois and every other keeper.

sounds about right Jack, we're not a team of robots

#entertainment

bluechampion7891 said:
He may have gone backwards, but I guess a lot of it has to do with us being more attacking. Lets face it, he claimed golden gloves in Mancini's years were our midfield and defense shielded him a lot. Now that we are far more expensive, his mistakes are more prominent.

What makes it more interesting is that Mancini wanted to replace him in the year he won the golden glove. The reason, our style of play then stopped the opposition from scoring but when Joe needed to step up he made mistakes, He had great games too, the one v Dortmund where he single-handedly kept us from defeat. But why would Mancini want to replace him? Because when expected to perform he didn't.

Its the same case now, except the Joe doesn't have the same shielding as before. Now he will make some awesome saves (Everton, CSKA away) but he would give goals he really shouldn't. Stoke being an example, Sterling away last season at the candle lighters, he should have been back in his goal. He also has a pronounced difficulty on his near post, and I think its being targeted. Compare his performance against stoke to that of Courtois against Leicester. He saved two goals at the very least after the defence was breached, probably saved 2 or even 3 points. That was what is needed of a GK in a top team, saving points consistently when your defense fails. Joe does make the spectacular save but he misses too often when he shouldn't. I think this season is make or break for him unfortunately.
i agree.

bluechampion7891 said:
He may have gone backwards, but I guess a lot of it has to do with us being more attacking. Lets face it, he claimed golden gloves in Mancini's years were our midfield and defense shielded him a lot. Now that we are far more expensive, his mistakes are more prominent.

What makes it more interesting is that Mancini wanted to replace him in the year he won the golden glove. The reason, our style of play then stopped the opposition from scoring but when Joe needed to step up he made mistakes, He had great games too, the one v Dortmund where he single-handedly kept us from defeat. But why would Mancini want to replace him? Because when expected to perform he didn't.

Its the same case now, except the Joe doesn't have the same shielding as before. Now he will make some awesome saves (Everton, CSKA away) but he would give goals he really shouldn't. Stoke being an example, Sterling away last season at the candle lighters, he should have been back in his goal. He also has a pronounced difficulty on his near post, and I think its being targeted. Compare his performance against stoke to that of Courtois against Leicester. He saved two goals at the very least after the defence was breached, probably saved 2 or even 3 points. That was what is needed of a GK in a top team, saving points consistently when your defense fails. Joe does make the spectacular save but he misses too often when he shouldn't. I think this season is make or break for him unfortunately.
Nicely put. Hart's a good goalkeeper, of course he is, no one's questioning that. But Man City are operating at the pinnacle of the game now, mistakes in defence are costly and Hart has made too many errors in that position for the team given the quality of other goalkeepers, in my opinion.

Right let's cut the crap.
Irrespective of your views of our two goalies, who do you think Uncle Pellers WILL ( NOT should) pick for the Arsenal game.
Joe or Willy.
I think Willy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.