Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

For all the question marks surrounding his distribution, I thought Hart's kicking was excellent today. Perhaps he just needs runners in order to start a counter attack? Something City miss when Navas doesn't play.

Played well today. Perform the same against arsenal (and bayern, and chelsea) and it'll be difficult for willy to replace him.

Well joe saw pants off fairly conclusively despite many fans telling me pants was the better keeper. So im guessing he will keep this very strange performing goalkeeper on the bench

Pellegrini: “At this moment I’m playing Joe Hart but Caballero will have his opportunity soon.”

Manuel Pellegrini warns goalkeeper Joe Hart he will be rivalled by Willy Cabellero

Manuel Pellegrini has warned Joe Hart that Willy Cabellero will be a serious rival for his first-team place at Manchester City, despite insisting that the England goalkeeper has now emerged from his form slump.

Argentine goalkeeper Cabellero, a summer arrival from Pellegrini’s previous club, Malaga, is expected to play in one of City’s next three games against Arsenal, Bayern Munich or Chelsea with Pellegrini determined to avoid Hart suffering the same loss of form that saw him spend two months out of the team last season.

With Hart impressing for England during the 2-0 victory over Switzerland last Monday, Pellegrini is ready to keep faith the keeper at the Emirates on Saturday.

But the City manager admits that Hart will miss games this season, whether he makes mistakes or not.

“At the moment, I am playing Joe Hart, but for sure, (but) Caballero will have his opportunity soon,” Pellegrini said. “Willy can be in any team. He is a very good goalkeeper and he has come here to play.

“I am not waiting for Joe Hart to make a mistake in order to change him for Willy Caballero. Willy and Joe know the situation and it is not about waiting for Joe to make his first mistake for me to change the goalkeeper.

“We will see game by game. We play against Arsenal next and the goalkeeper will be decided 75 minutes before kick-off.” Despite Hart being criticised for the goal which led to City losing 1-0 at home to Stoke in their last outing, Pellegrini defended the goalkeeper by insisting his team-mates were at fault for Mame Biram Diouf’s strike.

“Against Stoke, I analysed the goal and it was individual mistakes of the players,” Pellegrini said. “I analysed the goal with the whole team and I think a lot of players were involved in the goal.

“Maybe in the last year, Joe didn’t start very well, but he has done very well recently.

“But it is good to have competition and it is not just between Hart and Cabellero. It is all over the team.

“Caballero has good distribution, he does well one-on-one and makes good saves.

“To be a top goalkeeper, you need these qualities and Cabellero has a good career behind him and that is why he is now here in a big team.” Meanwhile, Pellegrini has admitted that City had no chance of beating Arsenal to the signature of Danny Welbeck, who left Manchester United in a £16m deadline day move, despite the loan of Alvaro Negredo to Valencia which left the club with just three forwards.

to be fair caballero is better than just playing the cup competition. can see him playing the bayern game regardless of Joe's form due to his experience.

IMO , you can't really rotate the goalkeepers as much as you can do others example clichy / kola or this season sagna / zabaleta..

you have to have a consistent last line of defense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.