Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

Ignoring the slip, Joe should have been further out anyway, in which case it'd have been a routine clearance.

It was an unfortunate slip,but oh well,he did make some good saves yday,although i wouldn't be too concerned with caballero getting a few starts ahead of joe..

The defence was poor for the goal, but Hart wasn't brilliant.

A top keeper, Neuer and Courtiois, would have saved that. That can be the difference at this level and a top keeper is so important.

Hart's good, but he's not world class - I think it's time to accept that. I think Cabellero is on a similar level as Hart too.

Hart's a brilliant shot stopper, but his decision making coming off his line and his distribution is nowhere near good enough.

Remind yourself of Neuer at the World Cup and wonder if Totti would have scored that last night. No chance. That's the level we want to be at, right?

Goalkeeping department is costing us, like our left back position. Neither of those aren't exactly world class. Kolarov is found out at this level defensively, while he is good going forward, Clichy can't defend, attack or cross.

Like in left back position, we have 2 OK goalkeepers which at the very top level isn't sadly good enough. I get that defence was poor in that Totti goal, but still he was caught napping.

CityFan94 said:

A top keeper, Neuer and Courtiois, would have saved that. That can be the difference at this level and a top keeper is so important.

Hart's good, but he's not world class - I think it's time to accept that. I think Cabellero is on a similar level as Hart too.

Hart's a brilliant shot stopper, but his decision making coming off his line and his distribution is nowhere near good enough.

Remind yourself of Neuer at the World Cup and wonder if Totti would have scored that last night. No chance. That's the level we want to be at, right?

Fine, so who do we sign? The problem is there are 2 world class keepers out there and then lots of very good ones, Hart falls into the very good category and, like the rules or not, he's homegrown, there's not a better option out there.

how are you blaming joe for the goal you clueless twunts... he did well last night. Some would think coutois and neuer have never conceded a goal...go back to fifa please.

Vinny lost sight of Totti and DM wasnt quick enough to catch him. It was a brilliant finish. Not blaming Hart because he saved us in the first half when they were schooling us.

without a dream said:
CityFan94 said:

Fine, so who do we sign? The problem is there are 2 world class keepers out there and then lots of very good ones, Hart falls into the very good category and, like the rules or not, he's homegrown, there's not a better option out there.
I would say he falls into the category 'OK' rather than very good.
IMO there are many better keepers in the Prem and the Championship - De Gea, Courtois ,Krul, Begovic, Guzan, Marshall (Cardiff) to name but six, the last three fall into the very good category and could be realistic transfer targets come the summer.

Len Rum said:
without a dream said:
CityFan94 said:

I would say he falls into the category 'OK' rather than very good.
IMO there are many better keepers in the Prem and the Championship - De Gea, Courtois ,Krul, Begovic, Guzan, Marshall (Cardiff) to name but six, the last three fall into the very good category and could be realistic transfer targets come the summer.

I think you may be making the mistake of confusing great shot-stoppers for great goalkeepers. Goalkeepers often look best when they have lots of saves to makes; think about how good Hart was deemed to be at Birmingham compared to his perceived fallibility now. The best goalkeepers are the ones who have two saves to make all game and keep a clean sheet. That requires concentration, experience and decisiveness under pressure.

These are the kinds of situations that Hart falls down in (such as the Stoke defeat: one serious shot to deal with and it went straight through him). He seems to struggle with concentration and making the right decision when he has had little else to do. I feel that every other goalkeeper on your list (barring possibly De Gea and Courtois) is probably the same way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.