Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

Jonny Boy said:
Joe has two things he must improve on - distribution and dealing with crosses/corners.

I feel too often he comes rushing out to punch the ball but misses completely, falls to the ground, often knocking our own defender over and the goal itself ends up unprotected - he should learn to let his defenders deal with it, stay on his line and protect the goal mouth

Also, needs to be a little more dynamic on setting up counter attack - sometimes seems hesitant to do this

if having another top class goalie will push him on and develop his game even though he has to sit some games out then so be it..

BUT...as to the original posters question, Joe every time - he's England's No1 and that says it all - we are an English club and I hope one day we have English players right through the squad - like we used many bluemoons ago
I think his distribution is fine, it's just the speed at which he does it. Some of his kicks get us on a decent attack but that is very seldom. He often just runs to the edge of the box then just stands there and does nothing for ages. That's no good. He needs to be much speedier and more confident with getting it out there early.

KippaxCitizen said:
Jonny Boy said:
Joe has two things he must improve on - distribution and dealing with crosses/corners.

I feel too often he comes rushing out to punch the ball but misses completely, falls to the ground, often knocking our own defender over and the goal itself ends up unprotected - he should learn to let his defenders deal with it, stay on his line and protect the goal mouth

Also, needs to be a little more dynamic on setting up counter attack - sometimes seems hesitant to do this

if having another top class goalie will push him on and develop his game even though he has to sit some games out then so be it..

BUT...as to the original posters question, Joe every time - he's England's No1 and that says it all - we are an English club and I hope one day we have English players right through the squad - like we used many bluemoons ago
I think his distribution is fine, it's just the speed at which he does it. Some of his kicks get us on a decent attack but that is very seldom. He often just runs to the edge of the box then just stands there and does nothing for ages. That's no good. He needs to be much speedier and more confident with getting it out there early.

that's exactly what I mean ;)

Well I guess Joe isn't too happy with the situation - judging by the direct quotes in many of the papers over the last days.
It will be a huge loss if we don't sort out a contract extension soon.

Was his slip because of the pressure from Roma's quick attack? Could he have afforded to be on the edge of his box or closer to it? Hart is a good goalkeeper in some respects but weak in the one I value the most, coming out and dealing with through balls and the balls over the top. I'd like to see Caballero given a prolonged chance to see what he can do.

Can't fault Joe tonight. He slipped just before their goal which could happen to anyone, however he made a great save to keep us in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.