Joe Hart

chesterguy said:
Thenumber1blue said:
chesterguy said:
I think some fans on this forum need to give their heads a wobble so much criticism of a young (in goalkeeping terms) goalkeeper who I believe will be City and Englands No 1 for the next 10 years and he will be the worlds No 1 in the next 5 years

I have read that his distribution is crap. Think about where he is trying to kick it. He is nearly always launching 50 yard passes to land on the head of Milner. Why? Because we do not have a big guy up front and Milner is the only one likely to out jump his defender.

I have read he has really? The keeper who has won the golden gloves 3 times in a row has made numerous slip ups. Surely it could be argued that his mistakes are so rare that when they do happen they are more noticeable Sunderland and Southampton are obvious examples

I would agree that one aspect of his game which could be improved is in his domination of his box and I hope this area can be worked on but he is young so lets give him time to develop

If anyone thinks he is not a brilliant shot stopper well you are just wrong as Tottenham Dortmund and many other teams would vouch
He is being criticised because he deserves it and if he doesn't improve then he won't be City's keeper for a long time,although i'm pretty sure most on here want him too as much as you.Nearly all the keepers in the premier would be winning golden gloves behind that team.

Justified criticism is fine but unjustified criticisms seem to be the order of the day. Yes he has made mistakes and yes there are areas to be improved but just to say his distribution is s**t, he has slipped up numerous times etc is not justified IMHO
IMHO he has been poor and inconsistent all season and hasn't got a clue when to come out or not and doesn't command his area at all but i'm just hoping it's a blip .

Thenumber1blue said:
chesterguy said:
Thenumber1blue said:
He is being criticised because he deserves it and if he doesn't improve then he won't be City's keeper for a long time,although i'm pretty sure most on here want him too as much as you.Nearly all the keepers in the premier would be winning golden gloves behind that team.

Justified criticism is fine but unjustified criticisms seem to be the order of the day. Yes he has made mistakes and yes there are areas to be improved but just to say his distribution is s**t, he has slipped up numerous times etc is not justified IMHO
IMHO he has been poor and inconsistent all season and hasn't got a clue when to come out or not and doesn't command his area at all but i'm just hoping it's a blip .

When has been poor then? His clean sheet record would suggest otherwise

chesterguy said:
Thenumber1blue said:
chesterguy said:

He's been poor all season and lucky to not be dropped,obviously he's had the odd excellent match in between,like I said most keepers would keep many clean sheets behind that team.

chesterguy said:
Thenumber1blue said:
chesterguy said:

You concede goals as a team, not as a goalkeeper. A keeper can have no saves to make all game and keep a clean sheet.

Saying that I think some people need to lay off Joe. He's nowhere near as bad as some make out and last season he pulled off some of the best saves and had three of the best games of his career.

How can a consistent winner of the golden gloves be poor...?

I despair sometimes.....

mat said:

I despair sometimes.....
Did you not just read,i'll say it again,most keepers would keep MANY clean sheets and win golden gloves behind that team ! Jesus surely that's easy too see.

mat said:

I despair sometimes.....
I think the Golden Glove is a bit of a nothing award as, again, a goalkeeper can not have a save to make all game and keep a clean sheet. You concede goals as a team, not a goalkeeper.

But again, Joe really hasn't been poor. He's just got a few aspects to his game that need ironing out.

I thought this thread was about what's happened to Pants?

You must remember him

Costel Pantilimon
He's Our Custodian
He's A Romanian
With A Big Cranium

I used to sing this all the time every time he played (but nobody joined in.)

George Hannah said:
I thought this thread was about what's happened to Pants?

You must remember him

Costel Pantilimon
He's Our Custodian
He's A Romanian
With A Big Cranium

I used to sing this all the time every time he played (but nobody joined in.)

Good effort George.

The two issues are linked because "honest Joe" has gone down in some fans estimation after "finding himself" in the Cup Final starting 11.

I don't agree with those who say Joes has been poor but he hasn't been top draw either and has criticised the rest of the team at times. What goes around comes around.

Thenumber1blue said:
chesterguy said:
Thenumber1blue said:

He's been poor all season and lucky to not be dropped,obviously he's had the odd excellent match in between,like I said most keepers would keep many clean sheets behind that team.

numberone blue,may i ask you a question.

how many games have you played as a goalkeeper .
our defence has been so good because........ fill in the blank.

dont mean to be rude but anybody who doesnt think it takes a top top keeper to organise a defence that keeps not just many but the MOST clean sheets 3 years on a run isnt worth listening too.

i would suggest as is the city way when things havent gone quite as well as we all hoped for we tend to search for a scapegoat,have the people questioning joe hart found one.

joe hart is the best goalkeeper in the prem and up there with the best 10 in the world,he is very young and as all goalkeepers do makes mistakes,joe doesnt make many and will imo grow into the top keeper in europe,however he wont make that if he gets constant unwarranted abuse from so called city fans,

being rude isnt in my nature,however if that is your opinion numberone blue,then your opinion is of no consequence at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.