Joe Hart

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
pudge said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
As David Coverdale used to say whilst the lead singer in Deep Purple in the 70's used to say "Here's one for yer.....Manuel Neuer"

Our Chairman named Joe as part of the core players he wants at the club. Joe now needs to step up to the plate he's still only young and with graft and the right attitude in five years he could be the best keeper in the world....but he's not the best at this time, Manuel Neuer is!!
I fear you quoted me by mistake, because what you just said is not relevant to what I posted.

Nor did I dispute it, in fact I stated the same in a separate post.

why don't we sign Julio Cesar? he's experienced and Brazilian international GK and should give competition and motivation to Hart.

As I'm sure has been said a lot in this thread, in my opinion at the very least we need someone who's going to push Joe. I'm not saying Ol' pants isn't good enough, hell I think he's too good to be sat on the bench and I'm sure he'll be going elsewhere and he'll walk into that team's starting XI this summer.

His performance this season: the way he's dropped stuff he should have caught, slipped up numerous times, well to me it just smacks of complacency, and who can blame him? Pantilimon was't even getting a sniff of first team action unless it was a cup game so Joe had no reason to actually try
Having said this however Joe's performance has been well above most over keepers this season even though it may seem to some he hasn't been putting the effort in, evident by his Golden glove (although I'm sure most have accredited this to our defence rather than him himself)

I don't think we need a replacement for Joe, I just think we need someone to keep him on his toes. Although I must admit, rather selfishly, that I hope Pantilimon stays and pushes him but I have a feeling he'll go.

pudge said:
Thenumber1blue said:
pudge said:
Are their names alone good enough credentials?
You asked for names of better keepers if you want credentials find them yourself.Maybe Hart will improve and become a top keeper,at the moment he's not good enough for a top team.I'm hoping he stays and becomes the best in the world.
I said a list not just names, being pedantic doesn't validate your answers.

If you're not willing to say why these keepers are better, it would lead me to think that you have not watched them on a consistent basis.

-- Jun 1st, '13, 22:05 --

reddishblue said:
pudge said:
I never said Joe was one of the best in the world.

Who is?
The best in the world right now?

I'd say Neuer

And has been for some time. I started a thread a year or two back called "I'm sorry Joe but" it highlighted Neuter as the best around and should go get him. We missed out sadly. Joe since has improved though and with the new man at the helm will go again next season.

I know it's a joe thread, but there are a few who's standards dropped this season..
Like most, I'm a big vinnie fan, but he's not been at it this season, injuries etc, no ones suggesting we should get rid of our captain. !!
Joe, like many, for what ever reason, hasn't reached the standards set by himself the season before...
Why single joe out, ?
The guys a top keeper,
Don't be surprised if one or two players don't have a good one next season, it happens,
It football... "Only this"......!!

de niro said:
pudge said:
Thenumber1blue said:
You asked for names of better keepers if you want credentials find them yourself.Maybe Hart will improve and become a top keeper,at the moment he's not good enough for a top team.I'm hoping he stays and becomes the best in the world.
I said a list not just names, being pedantic doesn't validate your answers.

If you're not willing to say why these keepers are better, it would lead me to think that you have not watched them on a consistent basis.

-- Jun 1st, '13, 22:05 --

reddishblue said:
The best in the world right now?

I'd say Neuer

And has been for some time. I started a thread a year or two back called "I'm sorry Joe but" it highlighted Neuter as the best around and should go get him. We missed out sadly. Joe since has improved though and with the new man at the helm will go again next season.

I'd agree with Neuer. Dortmund's keeper is also better than Joe on this season's performances.

I am sure we all want Joe to get back to the form of previous seasons and improve on crosses. Joe had a much better last third to the season starting with the penalty save in the Chelsea home game.

I don't recognise this big difference on opinions to towards Joe according to where people live and how many games people go to. Most of the people near me in the ground were disappointed that Joe manoeuvred himself into the Cup Final and will be less forging of his mistakes in future. Txiki and Ferran are less likely to have an open door policy to player's gripes when their own man - Pelligrini - is in charge.

I think some fans on this forum need to give their heads a wobble so much criticism of a young (in goalkeeping terms) goalkeeper who I believe will be City and Englands No 1 for the next 10 years and he will be the worlds No 1 in the next 5 years

I have read that his distribution is crap. Think about where he is trying to kick it. He is nearly always launching 50 yard passes to land on the head of Milner. Why? Because we do not have a big guy up front and Milner is the only one likely to out jump his defender.

I have read he has
slipped up numerous times
really? The keeper who has won the golden gloves 3 times in a row has made numerous slip ups. Surely it could be argued that his mistakes are so rare that when they do happen they are more noticeable Sunderland and Southampton are obvious examples

I would agree that one aspect of his game which could be improved is in his domination of his box and I hope this area can be worked on but he is young so lets give him time to develop

If anyone thinks he is not a brilliant shot stopper well you are just wrong as Tottenham Dortmund and many other teams would vouch

chesterguy said:
I think some fans on this forum need to give their heads a wobble so much criticism of a young (in goalkeeping terms) goalkeeper who I believe will be City and Englands No 1 for the next 10 years and he will be the worlds No 1 in the next 5 years

I have read that his distribution is crap. Think about where he is trying to kick it. He is nearly always launching 50 yard passes to land on the head of Milner. Why? Because we do not have a big guy up front and Milner is the only one likely to out jump his defender.

I have read he has
really? The keeper who has won the golden gloves 3 times in a row has made numerous slip ups. Surely it could be argued that his mistakes are so rare that when they do happen they are more noticeable Sunderland and Southampton are obvious examples

I would agree that one aspect of his game which could be improved is in his domination of his box and I hope this area can be worked on but he is young so lets give him time to develop

If anyone thinks he is not a brilliant shot stopper well you are just wrong as Tottenham Dortmund and many other teams would vouch
He is being criticised because he deserves it and if he doesn't improve then he won't be City's keeper for a long time,although i'm pretty sure most on here want him too as much as you.Nearly all the keepers in the premier would be winning golden gloves behind that team.

Thenumber1blue said:
chesterguy said:

I have read he has

He is being criticised because he deserves it and if he doesn't improve then he won't be City's keeper for a long time,although i'm pretty sure most on here want him too as much as you.Nearly all the keepers in the premier would be winning golden gloves behind that team.

Justified criticism is fine but unjustified criticisms seem to be the order of the day. Yes he has made mistakes and yes there are areas to be improved but just to say his distribution is s**t, he has slipped up numerous times etc is not justified IMHO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.