joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSP said:
The second one he took an age to come out and it was a feeble attempt to punch the ball away. Muller seems to have an age to do what he likes with the ball. I know if that was Lloris he would have dealt with it before Muller knew what was happening.

That's what I said too. hart waited there like some street hooker, Lloris would be all over tha ball before Muller would have a sniff on it.
He is presently a run of the mill prem goalie. Nothing else really.
Hope he can find his way back to 2011. But it is quite possible he wouldn;t :(

jaigurugoat said:
If Hart isn't dropped now he never will be. I think Pantilimon is better than a lot of people give him credit for. He deserves a chance. We then need to go for a new keeper in January.
I think so too. Pantilimon's really good at getting to the corners. Remember Arsenal? Those couple of saves against Bayern in pre-season as well.

I haven't seen enough of the other sides of his game to discern how good he is really. He is untested.

daxman said:
MSP said:
The second one he took an age to come out and it was a feeble attempt to punch the ball away. Muller seems to have an age to do what he likes with the ball. I know if that was Lloris he would have dealt with it before Muller knew what was happening.

That's what I said too. hart waited there like some street hooker, Lloris would be all over tha ball before Muller would have a sniff on it.
He is presently a run of the mill prem goalie. Nothing else really.
Hope he can find his way back to 2011. But it is quite possible he wouldn;t :(

Heaven help England if they qualify and he gets the gig in the world cup taking his form of this year with him.

Like a lot of our players well down on confidence at present.

However I hear they are a very happy lot.

daxman said:
MSP said:
Jumanji said:
Watching the replay, even for the Muller goal, Hart was shite.

Dove when Muller was trying to settle the ball. Not when he shot. Gave him an easier goal.

Exactly, Lloris would be all over that ball before Muller touched it. Hart watched it all the way and tried to do some shit only when it was way too late.

He is just shit these days, his head is completely went and it goes worse with each new mistake. I remember him going mental wheneverhe would concede a goal, even when it wasn't his mistake, he barely reacts these days whenhe makes a huge mistake.

I'd be shocked if he would start this weekend. And I'd bring Valdes if it is possible, he is in life form, best keeper on the planet this season. Or Forster for longer period.
Valdes has been one of the best Goalies the last 3 years. Never gets his due. On the transfer forum some called him shaite and being a Barca prop up. I say they haven't been watching. Barca doesn't concede many chances, but when they do it is often clear on goal, 1 v 1. And Valdes has snuffed more than a great goalie's fair share of those Chances.

Better yet, what I like most about Valdes is his alertness. He can be idle all game, then pull off a magic save for the one chance of the opposition. Joe on the other hand seems to need to be under pressure all game. And then he'd warm up to making fantastic saves. Even at his best for City, it was in games when we were being pelted all game, and Joe is busy diving all day. But in games where he has nothing to do for long periods, he seems to lack the mental toughness to wade through the boredom and stay alert for that one magic save he needs to make to keep City in it.

Valdes has that quality in droves.
Valdes is a good keeper.

His shot-stopping is underrated with the odd magic.

What I like about him best is his passing. He singlehandedly starts Barcelona with an extra midfielder in every game.

His ground passes often bypass 2,3 players, starting an attack.

His passing is truly class and gives his team the perfect hub from which their ball domination stems.

It pained me to tonight to see Joe just hoof it back to Bayern every time when Clichy or someone else was unmarked for the short pass. Mind you, this is at a time when our team is struggling to possess the ball, but our thick keeper can't realise that he is exacerbating the situation by conceding possession to Bayern.

Fernandinho at one time in desperation to try to get some possession ran all the way to edge o Hart's box for the goal kick, only for him to ignore and hoof it. Bayern won the ball back that possession (as all night), that's why I remember because I was furious at the time.

Jumanji said:
daxman said:
MSP said:
Exactly, Lloris would be all over that ball before Muller touched it. Hart watched it all the way and tried to do some shit only when it was way too late.

He is just shit these days, his head is completely went and it goes worse with each new mistake. I remember him going mental wheneverhe would concede a goal, even when it wasn't his mistake, he barely reacts these days whenhe makes a huge mistake.

I'd be shocked if he would start this weekend. And I'd bring Valdes if it is possible, he is in life form, best keeper on the planet this season. Or Forster for longer period.
Valdes has been one of the best Goalies the last 3 years. Never gets his due. On the transfer forum some called him shaite and being a Barca prop up. I say they haven't been watching. Barca doesn't concede many chances, but when they do it is often clear on goal, 1 v 1. And Valdes has snuffed more than a great goalie's fair share of those Chances.

Better yet, what I like most about Valdes is his alertness. He can be idle all game, then pull off a magic save for the one chance of the opposition. Joe on the other hand seems to need to be under pressure all game. And then he'd warm up to making fantastic saves. Even at his best for City, it was in games when we were being pelted all game, and Joe is busy diving all day. But in games where he has nothing to do for long periods, he seems to lack the mental toughness to wade through the boredom and stay alert for that one magic save he needs to make to keep City in it.

Valdes has that quality in droves.
Valdes is a good keeper.

His shot-stopping is underrated with the odd magic.

What I like about him best is his passing. He singlehandedly starts Barcelona with an extra midfielder in every game.

His ground passes often bypass 2,3 players, starting an attack.

His passing is truly class and gives his team the perfect hub from which their ball domination stems.

It pained me to tonight to see Joe just hoof it back to Bayern every time when Clichy or someone else was unmarked for the short pass. Mind you, this is at a time when our team is struggling to possess the ball, but our thick keeper can't realise that he is exacerbating the situation by conceding possession to Bayern.

Fernandinho at one time in desperation to try to get some possession ran all the way to edge o Hart's box for the goal kick, only for him to ignore and hoof it. Bayern won the ball back that possession (as all night), that's why I remember because I was furious at the time.
Yeah, I remember that too. Coz the camera went to a wierd angle changed, at first from the side where you see Dihno running towards our goal, then it focused on Joe with Dihno coming into the picture, Joe hoofed it and it went back to the wide picture and you could see Dihno now in no mans land looking like a CD, I think Lahm or Dante simply headed that ball sideways to Alaba and a new offensive trust began. It really was a depressing sight :(

MSP said:

I didn't even see you type that mate or I wouldn't have bothered!! Glad someone thinks the same though. I've always liked Hart, it would be nice if he got his form back. I thought England finally would have a steady goalie since Seaman

Carver said:
Jumanji said:
He got a hand to the first and second goal. Shocking for a top flight keeper to be beaten at the near post..not once but TWICE.

But what makes me more livid is how he pathetically dove when Muller was trying to control the ball. Not when Muller tried to shoot.

Thus, he gave Muller a free piss-easy tap in.

So so so depressing.

Hart's always been suspect in the bottom corners, particularly to his right. Teams have noticed this and shoot more to these places. It's also one of Panty's strengths. Joe is in poor form and we need to take him out of the firing line for a month whilst he works on the areas where his weaknesses have been shown up. No way does he take any blame for the second goal.

I do recall nasri mentioning this after he scored against England with a long range effort to hart's right near post. Seems like hart is always expecting the shot to his far post. I wonder if Robben went to the near post with his other efforts last night, it would have went in.

I'm not saying Hart shouldn't of done better with the goals, but to lay all the blame at his door is in my opinion a bit harsh. Our defence has become abysmal this season.

Ribery should never of been aloud to come in onto his right foot for the first goal. Defence went to sleep allowing Muller all the space in the world and the way firstly Kompany inexcusably conceded possession in the middle of the pitch compounded with Nastasic for some reason scared of putting in a challenge for the third was disgraceful. Lets not forget that Hart also made some very good saves and the score line could've been far more embarrassing than it was without them.

I have to say although I agree that Hart's form has dipped from a couple of years ago, but our defence is also culpable. We've gone from having the best defence in the Prem for the last three seasons to having the worst ! It's the same personnel but you'd assume they've never played together before.

Jumanji said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Jumanji said:
What did he do right for the 2nd goal?

Hart anticipated instead of reacting. And that gave Muller a free goal.

Even Hart has said he is trying to change that in his game by watching Casillas DVDs. Like my teacher used to say, putting the book under your pillow isn't going to input the information.

What did he do wrong? You said you should score 1v1's, there's to much a keeper can do when a player goes round them. This is what I was trying to get at in my post a minute ago. City fans are even blaming him for goals like this when it wasn't his fault. But yeah, should of done better on the first and third goals, but he's not the only one to blame on a proper shit night, they should of and could of put 10 past us.
You should score, but that doesn't mean the keeper has to make it easy.

ibaxfJhOPRjYuw.gif

I don't know what your standards are, but Joe should NOT be getting beat like this.

But Joe was to too ready to go to feet. Anticipating, rather than reacting.

It's harder to see in this angle, but if Joe had kept jockeying to the right, I don't think Muller scores.

-------------------------------------

Joe Hart on using reflexes rather than anticipation:
"I'm trying to work out exactly how Casillas manages to react to what the forward does, instead of trying to force the striker into a decision, like I have done until now," Hart told The Mail on Sunday.

"It's better doing it his way, using your reflexes rather than trying to anticipate what is going to happen. I'm working on it - it's something I need to learn.

"In our league you know the forward will favour power over placement, so you can make yourself big and be fairly sure that he's going to shoot where you are covering.

"But more and more I'm coming across different strikers or styles of play that require just what Casillas has; quick decision-making and quick reflexes."
Some more (might take a few seconds to properly load given connection speed):

ibaiqVhbhzS74K.gif

iiCD7linQ6eLG.gif

Eggsy said:
I'm not saying Hart shouldn't of done better with the goals, but to lay all the blame at his door is in my opinion a bit harsh. Our defence has become abysmal this season.

Ribery should never of been aloud to come in onto his right foot for the first goal. Defence went to sleep allowing Muller all the space in the world and the way firstly Kompany inexcusably conceded possession in the middle of the pitch compounded with Nastasic for some reason scared of putting in a challenge for the third was disgraceful. Lets not forget that Hart also made some very good saves and the score line could've been far more embarrassing than it was without them.

I have to say although I agree that Hart's form has dipped from a couple of years ago, but our defence is also culpable. We've gone from having the best defence in the Prem for the last three seasons to having the worst ! It's the same personnel but you'd assume they've never played together before.

Richards, Clichy and nastasic were dreadful. It's time to take Nastasic out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.