joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
bored at work said:
M147WN said:
deano ou812 said:
They showed it after the game joe shouts something like keepers ball,but by that time nastastic was moving towards heading the ball....

Thanks for that mate!
I watched it in the pub and really didn't know who called (if anyone).
Regardless, Joe looks at fault as Nastasic has little option but to head it!

He needs time on the bench! Would do him good and reaffirm he's not guaranteed a start!
That may be half the problem!
We've seen this before with another keeper called Joe!
Turned out to be one of our best! .....and those calling him a **** need to remember the times he's got us out of the shit and not be so bloody disrespectful to a City player!
I doubt you'd call him that to his face!
The right thing to do now is put Pants between the sticks!
There's been a noticeable dip but Joe is still young as keepers go and he'll learn and improve his decision making! I certainly wouldn't be getting rid at this point!
Yes!, he's dropped a very noticeable bollock but so did Torres an hour before he became a Chelsea hero!

Good post. He's made a mistake but some of the venom on here is disgraceful

A bit like the venom he showed towards our last manager in leading the revolt.
Said it before and I will say it again,average keeper at best who this season has cost us many vital points already. Will the manager have the balls to drop him??I doubt it.

keneke1234 said:
This is a really hard position to be in for Pellegrini, droping Hart can have two outcomes. first is he realises he´s s**t and improves and comes back stronger and better than ever or he completely loses he´s confidence and well get even worse. and of course the constant pressure from media ain´t helping. but i have a feeling Pells will stick with Hart for the ppl games. whether it´s the right choice or not remains to be seen.

Mouriniho had no problem dropping sideshow Bob because of his recent Gaff - If Mouriniho was the manager Hart would not be playing simple as that

Hart needs to be dropped

dctid said:
keneke1234 said:
This is a really hard position to be in for Pellegrini, droping Hart can have two outcomes. first is he realises he´s s**t and improves and comes back stronger and better than ever or he completely loses he´s confidence and well get even worse. and of course the constant pressure from media ain´t helping. but i have a feeling Pells will stick with Hart for the ppl games. whether it´s the right choice or not remains to be seen.

Mouriniho had no problem dropping sideshow Bob because of his recent Gaff - If Mouriniho was the manager Hart would not be playing simple as that

Hart needs to be sold

Edited

mancity56 said:
Hart has made a few mistakes and yes has cost us points but at the end of the day we cant blame results on a keeper, comunication and the lack of a leader are just a few things we are short of right now, people forget that hart made a point blank save v Moscow to save the 3 points, everyone just settle down and see how things unfold, he is a top notch goalie and he will come out strong, he just needs our backing, not people slating him on a forum.
rant over
onto newcastle in the cup
You CAN blame results on a keeper AND Communication AND the lack of a leader, they are not mutually exclusive items. He is not a top notch keeper, he was once a reliable keeper whose form has declined in the last eighteen months.

Leaving him in the team will not do him any good at all as the media will highlight every piece of play he is involved in..

He needs an arm around the shoulder and told that he is going to be left out for a while..

Any player worth his salt will work hard, improve there game and look to win his place back.

If he starts moaning and thinks about a move then he is not worth keeping.

Results matter at the end of the day and when we are trying to correct our away form its going to be a lot harder with inconsistent performers like Hart. Maybe we should just play him for home games and Panti for aways? (I'm trying to be devils advocate here)
He may get some confidence back that way and we can give Pantilimon some valuable premier league experience. Just a thought.

Just another small point - everyone seems to be forgetting the bollock he dropped in Moscow for their goal (probably because he managed to stick his leg out in the last minute and deflect Honda's shot away!). Once again, a rush of blood to the head when he should have taken a second or two longer to assses that the CSKA player had Zaba on his case and he wouldn't have had an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Rushing out (again) like he did, made it piss simple for the Russian guy to lob him, which he duly did!

Joe definitely needs a rest - play Pantilimon on Wednesday (obviously) and if he makes no glaring mistakes, keep him in the nets for Norwich and (Plezen too if he is still error-free!)

I think the media pressure on England's #1 is largely the problem here. Jo's confidence is shaken. Goalkeeper position very different to all others as well - so don't really agree with 'look at Mourinho and Sideshow Bob'.

He is either strong enough mentally to be the best, or he isn't. Not something a manager can work on I think. So if benched and lets go, not someone we want for #1. hopefully he is strong and will come back. But then Panteleimon is quite good and if he doesn't get a chance now, when will he? The competition might do Jo good. Again if he's too weak mentally to cope with the challenge, it will surface again in the future after bad performances.

Panteleimon will start against Newcastle, but if he does well might be worth starting against Norwich too...

Captain Oats said:
how was it his fault!

Joe came out to head the ball away, something he has done countless times. Nastasic should have seen it but instead headed it over hart

Because Joe can see what is happening in front of hime and should realise there is no real danger or need for him to come running out.

Nastacic is watching the flight of the ball so can't see that hart has f*cked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.