joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
form is temporary , class is permanent , joe will come back a stronger player , but pants deserves his chance , just hope joe is back in goal soon and back to his best , because if england are depending on ruddy for the world cup , we are f*cked.

Joe looks mentally shot to me and appears to be carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, if a break from the team is what it takes for him to refocus then so be it.

Time will tell if it works only he can put it right, I hope he is back soon but only on merit.

city 'til i cry said:
Joe looks mentally shot to me and appears to be carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, if a break from the team is what it takes for him to refocus then so be it.

Time will tell if it works only he can put it right, I hope he is back soon but only on merit.
His head as well.

Skashion said:
city 'til i cry said:

His head as well.

No pun intended!

city 'til i cry said:

Mentally shot? He's a footballer, not a front line infantryman in Afghanistan. I don't doubt there's pressure to cope with but let's have some perspective. Keepers can have crises of confidence if they have a few bad matches, especially at the level Joe plays at. Is there something else going on behind the scenes we are not privvy to that is affecting his mindset??

Pants hasn't showed he is able to restore a dependably safe pair of hands to secure us the Premiership or trophy this year, but the No1 shirt is there for him to claim if he can put in the performances we expect and need.

Infirmus Cygnus said:
city 'til i cry said:

Mentally shot? He's a footballer, not a front line infantryman in Afghanistan. I don't doubt there's pressure to cope with but let's have some perspective. Keepers can have crises of confidence if they have a few bad matches, especially at the level Joe plays at. Is there something else going on behind the scenes we are not privvy to that is affecting his mindset??

Pants hasn't showed he is able to restore a dependably safe pair of hands to secure us the Premiership or trophy this year, but the No1 shirt is there for him to claim if he can put in the performances we expect and need.

I think it's a bit naive to underestimate the pressure on pro athletes. No their lives aren't on the line and they make a lot of money but the money only increases the pressure. To be an elite pro athlete you have to be an incredibly competitive person. And to be the reason the reason your team loses and to feel like they have let down their team, coaches, fans etc.. takes a real toll on them. The media is on them, they know everyone is watching every move waiting for another mistake. I used to be involved in coaching MMA and I saw it many times. They will have a bit fight and get 1 fight away from the UFC and the pressure gets to them and they never recover. Others were able to become stronger from the experience.

Well have to see how Hart recovers from this. Clearly he's lost confidence and it's effected his judgement. It's not uncommon for a keeper to go through these types of periods where they play poorly and lose confidence. Vandersar had a poor patch. De Gea was really poor that first season in the PL and now is considered by many to be the best in the PL now. I believe in Hart and I think he'll recover and get back to his form but it will be a test of the manager/coaches and himself. I think Pants should play in the CL and PL and Hart should play in the CC and FA cups until he proves he's regained his form.

George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
davealvers said:
I'm sorry but this really is the definition of burying your head in the sand. I am as big a fan of Joe as anyone but to try to dismiss these as not his fault is simply not accepting the problem. How are you ever supposed to fix something if you don't acknowledge that it is broken in the first place?

Yeah I agree ... it takes a special kind of love for Joe to say that Chelsea's winner was anything but his own fault!
Ian Cheeseman got it spot on - Nasty ignored Joe's call but still had the opportunity to have cleared it. 100% his error.

Finally, someone else agrees with me.

I still say Nasty made a mistake in letting the ball bounce in the first place.

Infirmus Cygnus said:
city 'til i cry said:

People deal with pressure differently and while I agree his doesn't lay his life on the line for his job it doesn't mean he is immune from feeling the effects.

Part of being a professional means he will have to learn to cope with it or he will continue to be on the outside looking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.