joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe needs to keep his mouth shut, as he is doing at present, head down and get back to form. He only our no 1 if he's playing well. Personally i think this will only improve joes focus as a keeper and we will benefit us long term from this short term dip in form.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9009394/stoke-goalkeeper-asmir-begovic-says-roberto-mancini-wanted-him-at-man-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... t-man-city</a>

WTF!!! I'm fuckin sick of Bosnian media, to them Dzeko is a god and all the rest of NT demigods. He never said that. Bosnian papers fabricating quotes from players, English media taking them for granted. Classic.

BlueMoonoverUS said:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9009394/stoke-goalkeeper-asmir-begovic-says-roberto-mancini-wanted-him-at-man-city

WTF!!! I'm fuckin sick of Bosnian media, to them Dzeko is a god and all the rest of NT demigods. He never said that. Bosnian papers fabricating quotes from players, English media taking them for granted. Classic.

so Roberto did have a say in transfers after all. I'm heartened for Manuel then. Here's the MEN version

Begovic claims he nearly joined City this summer - report
5 Nov 2013 09:36
The Stoke City shotstopper told a Bosnian newspaper that Roberto Mancini's departure is the main reason he did not join the Blues.

TARGET: Asmir Begovic has long been linked with CityTARGET: Asmir Begovic has long been linked with City
Asmir Begovic has revealed he came close to joining Manchester City.

The Stoke City goalkeeper has been linked with a move to the Blues for a long time, and he told a Bosnian newspaper that the deal was almost sealed before manager Roberto Mancini was sacked.

He is quoted as saying: "As players, we are the last to find out things, probably our agents and club officials find out first without talking to us, then at the latter stage of negotiations they will tell us.

"As for Manchester City, when Mancini was on the bench, we were very close to an agreement.

"The transfer was not realised due to several reasons but the main one was the departure of the Italian manager."

Joe Hart's recent omission from Manuel Pellegrini's team has led some to suggest that City need to invest in a new goalkeeper in the January transfer window, but Begovic hinted he is more likely to stay at Stoke this season.

"Could I still move to City?" he said. "I really don't know if negotiations between clubs are still ongoing but for me probably the best thing would be to stay at Stoke City until the end of the season as in that way I would be truly ready for World Cup in Brazil."

It would not surprise me to see Hart at the Emirates or the Bridge, and Begovic at the Etihad. That is all.

world class players don't succumb to pressure and that makes them great above others,challenge urself more by not been appreciated by those that hail u as the best in the world or in England.

coleridge said:
It would not surprise me to see Hart at the Emirates or the Bridge, and Begovic at the Etihad. That is all.
So Chelsea are going to replace the evergreen and reliable Cech with Hart and once again throw one of the best young keepers around in Courtois out as well?

Arsenal isn't a bad shout but after their performances this season it wouldn't be a wise move from the club to strengthen them further.

Begovic to City is still a possibility. Could offer Pantilimon to Stoke and cash.

CTID101 said:
coleridge said:
So Chelsea are going to replace the evergreen and reliable Cech with Hart and once again throw one of the best young keepers around in Courtois out as well?
Arsenal isn't a bad shout but after their performances this season it wouldn't be a wise move from the club to strengthen them further.
Begovic to City is still a possibility. Could offer Pantilimon to Stoke and cash.
I think the idea of Stoke buying Butland was to cash in on Begovic but they still have a handy number two in Sorensen now that Butland is out on loan. I also think Costel still fancies a move to Fiorentina if he can't get game time here.

Ive no doubt he will be one of the worlds very best keepers and he just needs to get his head down and learn from this.

We pick our best side possible and for now, his form doesn't warrant a place but it will again soon enough.

coleridge said:

Personally .... I just don't see it and for me the reasons seem really obvious. Nobody's going to buy Joe unless he shows that this is just a blip and that he can get back to his best. And if he shows that then City are going to have no intention of selling him. Also think the two clubs you mention both of keepers they are happy with. In particular at Chelsea they have Courtouis to come back as soon as Cech is moved on or retires.

stonerblue said:
George Hannah said:
stonerblue said:
Finally, someone else agrees with me.

I still say Nasty made a mistake in letting the ball bounce in the first place.

Nasty agrees with you too

MAN CITY DEFENDER NASTASIC BREAKS SILENCE OVER HART CHELSEA BLUNDER
Mon, 11/04/2013

Manchester City stopper Matija Nastasic has defended Joe Hart after last week's blunder goal in defeat to Chelsea.
Nastasic spoke for the first time since the incident that allowed Fernando Torres to net a last-minute Chelsea winner.
"It was a difficult situation because I was the player on the ball. Joe was coming from the line and I didn’t see him," said Nastasic. "I think it is my fault and Joe’s fault."

I think Nasty's being rather modest in sharing the responsibility

Thanks GH.
I scoured the MEN website to cut and paste that but couldn't find it.
Wonder if the sun will splash it across the back pages tomorrow..?

Nastasic was hardly likely to say "It was all Joe's fault, if he'd have stayed on his line we'd have come away with a point but instead he made another stupid decision and cost us the game!", wouldn't be good for morale would it? Just a diplomatic answer to a probing question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.