joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
Rolee said:
Kun Aguero said:
Guzan? he's a shot stopper and nothing else, Krul, Begovic, Mig-no-let-any-goals-in, Lloris, Donut theif, Cech, Viviano and Stekelenburg are all better than him in this league. Joe deserves another year to right his wrongs if he fails we should be looking for a new keeper(Handanović, Begovic or Stegan would be my choice.) like Len Rum said Joe had a poor season last year.

Based on what exactly? Do you watch these keepers week in week out? Here's a stat for you, Joe was fourth highest in the PL last year in terms of shots to saves, Cech, De Gea and Szczesny were placed ahead of him. He had a 70% save rate, down significantly on both seasons previous where he was at 77%.

No doubt he needs to regain his form but stop exaggerating.

I've given you a stat that shows he performed better in one particular area than most of the keepers you list above, can you show me any evidence where he's weaker than them in terms of commanding his area or distribution? I genuinely would like to see it.

I was talking about Guzan. Not Joe.

D'oh!!

Sorry about that.

Are there comparative stats on how many times Joe went out for crosses in the previous 2 seasons?

Rolee said:
Kun Aguero said:
Rolee said:
Based on what exactly? Do you watch these keepers week in week out? Here's a stat for you, Joe was fourth highest in the PL last year in terms of shots to saves, Cech, De Gea and Szczesny were placed ahead of him. He had a 70% save rate, down significantly on both seasons previous where he was at 77%.

No doubt he needs to regain his form but stop exaggerating.

I've given you a stat that shows he performed better in one particular area than most of the keepers you list above, can you show me any evidence where he's weaker than them in terms of commanding his area or distribution? I genuinely would like to see it.

I was talking about Guzan. Not Joe.

D'oh!!

Sorry about that.
I got confused as well, was just about to go into meltdown after thinking I had just read that 'Krul is better than Hart' hahaha

Guzan is a lot better than just a shot stopper, he commands his box very well. Should be starting for the USA.

There are some united fans laughing at Joe Hart because he failed to get to a corner ball in the Cardiff game(I take it he is the 1st player to ever do that) But what people have to remember that in the 5 competitive games he has played this season, he as kept 4 clean sheets, 2 for City and 2 on World Cup duty. I will take them stats any day.

ardwickboy said:
There are some united fans laughing at Joe Hart because he failed to get to a corner ball in the Cardiff game(I take it he is the 1st player to ever do that) But what people have to remember that in the 5 competitive games he has played this season, he as kept 4 clean sheets, 2 for City and 2 on World Cup duty. I will take them stats any day.
Conceding goals is not something to judge a 'keeper on. He had ONE save to make in 93minutes against Newcastle and ONE cross to collect in 94minutes against Moldova. It was the team's performance that was the main reason those games were clean sheets, and pretty much nowt to do with the goalkeeper.

Last season Neuer barely let a goal in for Bayern München but he also barely ever made a save. The simple reason for it was that Bayern kept the ball away from the opposition. Anyone giving Neuer praise for their defensive record would be plain daft, he probably made fewer saves than any 'keeper in Europe last season.

Saves to shots ratio, successful crosses claimed and distribution percentages are much better things to judge a 'keeper from.

Does anyone really need stats to see Joe has been poor for a long time now,let's all hope he gets back to his best.Otherwise he will be replaced.

Thenumber1blue said:
Does anyone really need stats to see Joe has been poor for a long time now,let's all hope he gets back to his best.Otherwise he will be replaced.

I think poor is overstating it. Take for example his save from Campbell following Garcia's back header, cracking save. The ball that was lofted over Lescott's head for Campbell to chase, Joe came out made himself big denied Campbell the opportunity, good keeping. Point blank save from Campbell, great save, unfortunately our defenders didn't react quick enough and Cardiff scored their opener.

Against Hull, raced out to Aluko made himself big which forced Aluko into skewing his shot, again good keeping. He dealt with everything high in his area against Hull too. Yes he had a dip in form last season but he has been nowhere near as bad as many like to make out.

Rolee said:
Thenumber1blue said:

I think poor is overstating it. Take for example his save from Campbell following Garcia's back header, cracking save. The ball that was lofted over Lescott's head for Campbell to chase, Joe came out made himself big denied Campbell the opportunity, good keeping. Point blank save from Campbell, great save, unfortunately our defenders didn't react quick enough and Cardiff scored their opener.

Against Hull, raced out to Aluko made himself big which forced Aluko into skewing his shot, again good keeping. He dealt with everything high in his area against Hull too. Yes he had a dip in form last season but he has been nowhere near as bad as many like to make out.
A top keeper making good saves is standard and Joe is good for this,it's the rest of his game that needs work on,positional sense,commanding his area,when to come and when to stay and of course distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.