joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thenumber1blue said:
Rolee said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Does anyone really need stats to see Joe has been poor for a long time now,let's all hope he gets back to his best.Otherwise he will be replaced.

I think poor is overstating it. Take for example his save from Campbell following Garcia's back header, cracking save. The ball that was lofted over Lescott's head for Campbell to chase, Joe came out made himself big denied Campbell the opportunity, good keeping. Point blank save from Campbell, great save, unfortunately our defenders didn't react quick enough and Cardiff scored their opener.

Against Hull, raced out to Aluko made himself big which forced Aluko into skewing his shot, again good keeping. He dealt with everything high in his area against Hull too. Yes he had a dip in form last season but he has been nowhere near as bad as many like to make out.
A top keeper making good saves is standard and Joe is good for this,it's the rest of his game that needs work on,positional sense,commanding his area,when to come and when to stay and of course distribution.
It needs work; but its far from poor!

Joe seems to claim crosses much less than before. But I put that to me being made aware and constantly reminded to how bad Joe Hart supposedly is. Every reflex every distribution gets overanalysed and i think this is what is happening now to Joe Hart.

Thenumber1blue said:
Rolee said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Does anyone really need stats to see Joe has been poor for a long time now,let's all hope he gets back to his best.Otherwise he will be replaced.

I think poor is overstating it. Take for example his save from Campbell following Garcia's back header, cracking save. The ball that was lofted over Lescott's head for Campbell to chase, Joe came out made himself big denied Campbell the opportunity, good keeping. Point blank save from Campbell, great save, unfortunately our defenders didn't react quick enough and Cardiff scored their opener.

Against Hull, raced out to Aluko made himself big which forced Aluko into skewing his shot, again good keeping. He dealt with everything high in his area against Hull too. Yes he had a dip in form last season but he has been nowhere near as bad as many like to make out.
A top keeper making good saves is standard and Joe is good for this,it's the rest of his game that needs work on,positional sense,commanding his area,when to come and when to stay and of course distribution.

I don't disagree but I think we need to look at the positives too when we're criticising just for balance.

I think his distribution has improved already this season from what I've seen, perhaps because he's getting the ball back into play quicker.

His commanding of his area has always been where he hasn't been top notch but I was impressed with him in this aspect against Hull, hopefully it's a sign of things to come, although to be fair he was hardly overworked.

One more thing, in regards Campbell's first header. Now I know Joe should've gone through Gunnarson and got something on that ball but I have to ask what Gunnarson is doing there if he has no intention of playing the ball? The general consensus seems to be that keepers get too much protection but if a player is there specifically to obstruct the keeper then they are fouling them and it's a free every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.