joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
chicagoblues said:
From here and out ,no more walls for Joe....so that he won't have any excuses for not seeing the ball :)

You know, there is sense in that. Beyond a certain distance, a clear sight, from, say 20 yards, may give the keeper more chance. There would probably be more free kicks on target, but a good goalkeeper should rarely be beaten from that distance given that there is no 'surprise' in the shot.

It really pisses me off when people complain that Joe was at fault for the free kick goal conceded.How many didn`t bother to blame the 3 oppositions goalies,who were helpless to stop Yaya`s goals.
Had we scored that yesterday, many would have been slobbering over "a wonderful free kick",but no because its the opposition we have to blame this seasons "fall guy".
Unbelievable Jeff !!

oakiecokie said:
It really pisses me off when people complain that Joe was at fault for the free kick goal conceded.How many didn`t bother to blame the 3 oppositions goalies,who were helpless to stop Yaya`s goals.
Had we scored that yesterday, many would have been slobbering over "a wonderful free kick",but no because its the opposition we have to blame this seasons "fall guy".
Unbelievable Jeff !!
Did any of them just stand there flat footed like Joe because of their bad positioning?

Bodicoteblue said:
One of the downsides of playIng the kind of possession football we did yesterday , is that goalkeepers have long periods of inaction , leading inevitably to lapses of concentration . Remember how good he was against Dortmund last season ?
I think he will be kept on his toes on Wednesday and we'll see him looking at his best .
Sadly , we could return very quickly to the other scenario .
Good point. it's easier for a keeper to perform when the shots and crosses are reigning in .His body's pumped up and the adrenaline's flowing. Witness Joe's performances at Birmingham. In our case as you say he often has little to do and consequently it's difficult to maintain concentration and focus. But he has to learn to cope with this. Neuer and Casillas and other great goalies have.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
oakiecokie said:
Unbelievable Jeff !!
Did any of them just stand there flat footed like Joe because of their bad positioning?

Can we just not admit it was a pretty good free kick. Did the other fleet footed keepers stop YaYa,s

grim up north said:
oakiecokie said:
Unbelievable Jeff !!

Can we just not admit it was a pretty good free kick. Did the other fleet footed keepers stop YaYa,s
It was a pretty good free kick then.

Hung said:
Davs 19 said:
Bilboblue said:
Complete poppycock!

Your opinion but not one I and many others share.

Poppycock is a fantastic word though. Thanks for giving it an airing.

It is a good word isn't it? In the same league as 'Hogwash' or 'Balderdash' in my view. Speaking of which, all of these terms describe Joe's form over the last 12/18 months, coinciding with his elevation to the role of 'Fashion Icon'.

He should be dropped for a period to prove to him that he's little more than average at the moment and crucially to prove to him that he's not indispensable, which, he clearly thinks he is. If the stories about him marching into Khaldoon ahead of the cup final are true, I'd personally drop him for being a pretentious petulant c**t, so I'd definitely drop him for a string of shit performances over an extended period.

On form over the last year, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and even Stoke have had a better keeper than us, regardless of the 'stats', which in the case of a keeper is as much about the defence in front of him as it is about the keeper himself.

Hopefully, in due course, Hart will recover his form, remember he's a goalkeeper rather than a bad actor/model and all will be well again. in the meantime, if he's as untouchable as some on here think he is, let us hope that it doesn't cost us too many points along the way.
summed up perfectly I think, he`s not been anything but average for along time.

oakiecokie said:
Unbelievable Jeff !!

So the goal in your opinion was Joes fault completely and in no way should any credit be given to the goalscorer.I read some shit last week when some idiots also blamed him for Rooney scoring from that distance.I assume you are one of those who hate to give opposition players some credit.Would hate to sit next to you at a game,looking at a game via sky blue glasses !!

Hung said:
chicagoblues said:
From here and out ,no more walls for Joe....so that he won't have any excuses for not seeing the ball :)

You know, there is sense in that. Beyond a certain distance, a clear sight, from, say 20 yards, may give the keeper more chance. There would probably be more free kicks on target, but a good goalkeeper should rarely be beaten from that distance given that there is no 'surprise' in the shot.

You don't think having two people stand over the ball creates an element of surprise?

oakiecokie said:
oakiecokie said:
Unbelievable Jeff !!

So the goal in your opinion was Joes fault completely and in no way should any credit be given to the goalscorer.I read some shit last week when some idiots also blamed him for Rooney scoring from that distance.I assume you are one of those who hate to give opposition players some credit.Would hate to sit next to you at a game,looking at a game via sky blue glasses !!
Ha ha no, I was just a bit dissapointed that Joe didn't make more of an effort for it and his positioning was bad. It was a well executed free kick but in my opinion Joe left himself too much to do by standing too far left. I've been known to clap opponents goals before......not too often though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.