joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hung said:
Davs 19 said:
Bilboblue said:
Complete poppycock!

Your opinion but not one I and many others share.

Poppycock is a fantastic word though. Thanks for giving it an airing.

It is a good word isn't it? In the same league as 'Hogwash' or 'Balderdash' in my view. Speaking of which, all of these terms describe Joe's form over the last 12/18 months, coinciding with his elevation to the role of 'Fashion Icon'.

He should be dropped for a period to prove to him that he's little more than average at the moment and crucially to prove to him that he's not indispensable, which, he clearly thinks he is. If the stories about him marching into Khaldoon ahead of the cup final are true, I'd personally drop him for being a pretentious petulant c**t, so I'd definitely drop him for a string of shit performances over an extended period.

On form over the last year, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and even Stoke have had a better keeper than us, regardless of the 'stats', which in the case of a keeper is as much about the defence in front of him as it is about the keeper himself.

Hopefully, in due course, Hart will recover his form, remember he's a goalkeeper rather than a bad actor/model and all will be well again. in the meantime, if he's as untouchable as some on here think he is, let us hope that it doesn't cost us too many points along the way.

There isn't half some drivel on this thread

sh249 said:
Hung said:
Davs 19 said:
Your opinion but not one I and many others share.

Poppycock is a fantastic word though. Thanks for giving it an airing.

It is a good word isn't it? In the same league as 'Hogwash' or 'Balderdash' in my view. Speaking of which, all of these terms describe Joe's form over the last 12/18 months, coinciding with his elevation to the role of 'Fashion Icon'.

He should be dropped for a period to prove to him that he's little more than average at the moment and crucially to prove to him that he's not indispensable, which, he clearly thinks he is. If the stories about him marching into Khaldoon ahead of the cup final are true, I'd personally drop him for being a pretentious petulant c**t, so I'd definitely drop him for a string of shit performances over an extended period.

On form over the last year, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and even Stoke have had a better keeper than us, regardless of the 'stats', which in the case of a keeper is as much about the defence in front of him as it is about the keeper himself.

Hopefully, in due course, Hart will recover his form, remember he's a goalkeeper rather than a bad actor/model and all will be well again. in the meantime, if he's as untouchable as some on here think he is, let us hope that it doesn't cost us too many points along the way.

There isn't half some drivel on this thread

You may think so, but Mancini made comment about Hart's form and his list of faux pas continues to grow. Even his most strident supporters cannot deny that his form last season and so far this, has not been to the same high standards he set beforehand. When a goalkeeper fucks up, the consequences are usually more serious than they are with outfield players. It's the one position where you definitely cannot afford to have a weak link. I really do hope that he recovers his form, because if he doesn't, another Title will be beyond us. He should be dropped, if even only to prove that Pellegrini has the balls to do it.

BillyShears said:
I'd prefer to continue to back Joe. We don't half hang our own out to dry at the first sign of trouble. Very unedifying trait ...
does that apply to managers too Billy? Anyway young Brad Freidel on Goals on Sunday reckons Joe was fault for two out of three goals yesterday. Fair analysis I'd say but I still back Joe to come good again like yourself.

George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
I'd prefer to continue to back Joe. We don't half hang our own out to dry at the first sign of trouble. Very unedifying trait ...
does that apply to managers too Billy? Anyway young Brad Freidel on Goals on Sunday reckons Joe was fault for two out of three goals yesterday. Fair analysis I'd say but I still back Joe to come good again like yourself.

Hmm did he really

When Ya Ya scores his free kicks do we blame the opposition keeper ?
No we say what an amazing free kick.

One of the downsides of playIng the kind of possession football we did yesterday , is that goalkeepers have long periods of inaction , leading inevitably to lapses of concentration . Remember how good he was against Dortmund last season ?
I think he will be kept on his toes on Wednesday and we'll see him looking at his best .
Sadly , we could return very quickly to the other scenario .

chicagoblues said:
From here and out ,no more walls for Joe....so that he won't have any excuses for not seeing the ball :)
Yeah like the point earlier about the keeper setting up a different way so he can see the ball. If we went without a wall do you think the opponents would put a wall up themselves? I suppose they would and then its just the same :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.