joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer to continue to back Joe. We don't half hang our own out to dry at the first sign of trouble. Very unedifying trait ...

I wonder if having a wall is actually any help to a goalkeeper, and in many respects makes the free kick easier to take.

it's like daring the free kick taker to use the wall to place the ball exactly into the goal, which technically good players do consistently.

if for instance there was no wall yesterday, and hart stood centrally there is no way that striker could float the ball into the top corner, it would be saved easily, and in reality the striker wouldn't attempt such a shot, in effect his only option would be power.

using a wall Is so common, I would love to see a goalkeeper think outside the box, and come up with a system where he isn't so easily beaten, because other than free kicks hart is rarely beaten with shots from distance, yet in 7 days 2 have beaten him, largely due to the free kick taker using the wall to his advantage.

Have said many times that the wall sometimes makes the takers mind up (all keepers not just joe). The laws state minimum of 10 yards from the ball. So like yesterday's why not drop back a touch and eliminate the lofted shot. It only leaves the option of power which has to get through the wall

worsleyweb said:
I don't think he is an amazing keeper. If he was in a mid table team he would make even more errors as would face more shots. Same for England, he seems to make a mistake every other game???

A lot of keepers, weaver, Richard wright, foster are talked about as the next Gordon banks and tail off as they get older. Maybe this is the case with hart????

or he'd go and do what he did at Birmingham, then be bought by United or Barca and then we'd regret being arseholes to him because he's had a poor year when he's a top keeper for the next 15 years and denying us trophies in cup finals and the like.

Bilboblue said:
Davs 19 said:
Hung said:
The 'stampede' probably didn't materialise because like with most of the squad, we pay him too much. If he's a decent no.2, he should be brought in on the basis that our no.1 who used to be 'decent', isn't 'decent ' anymore.

We'll have to disagree on this one. How much do you think the lads on ? If a decent side from one of the top 4 leagues had come in for him he'd have gone subject to a fee being agreed. As far as I'm aware we didn't receive one serious offer.....there's a reason for that...

Regardless of your opinion of Harts current form, Pants isn't in the same ballpark in terms of ability.....

Complete poppycock!

Your opinion but not one I and many others share.

Poppycock is a fantastic word though. Thanks for giving it an airing.

Davs 19 said:
Bilboblue said:
Davs 19 said:
We'll have to disagree on this one. How much do you think the lads on ? If a decent side from one of the top 4 leagues had come in for him he'd have gone subject to a fee being agreed. As far as I'm aware we didn't receive one serious offer.....there's a reason for that...

Regardless of your opinion of Harts current form, Pants isn't in the same ballpark in terms of ability.....

Complete poppycock!

It is a good word isn't it? In the same league as 'Hogwash' or 'Balderdash' in my view. Speaking of which, all of these terms describe Joe's form over the last 12/18 months, coinciding with his elevation to the role of 'Fashion Icon'.

He should be dropped for a period to prove to him that he's little more than average at the moment and crucially to prove to him that he's not indispensable, which, he clearly thinks he is. If the stories about him marching into Khaldoon ahead of the cup final are true, I'd personally drop him for being a pretentious petulant c**t, so I'd definitely drop him for a string of shit performances over an extended period.

On form over the last year, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and even Stoke have had a better keeper than us, regardless of the 'stats', which in the case of a keeper is as much about the defence in front of him as it is about the keeper himself.

Hopefully, in due course, Hart will recover his form, remember he's a goalkeeper rather than a bad actor/model and all will be well again. in the meantime, if he's as untouchable as some on here think he is, let us hope that it doesn't cost us too many points along the way.

Davs 19 said:
Bilboblue said:
Davs 19 said:

Complete poppycock!

Yes , i like poppycock too .....

also like balderdash .....

and i'm just waiting for the day i can fit the phrase 'shipshape an' bristol fashion' into a post here , but every time i think recklessly and build up the nerve to 'go for it' , i just seem to lose my cool!

Hung said:
Davs 19 said:
Bilboblue said:
Complete poppycock!

It is a good word isn't it? In the same league as 'Hogwash' or 'Balderdash' in my view. Speaking of which, all of these terms describe Joe's form over the last 12/18 months, coinciding with his elevation to the role of 'Fashion Icon'.

He should be dropped for a period to prove to him that he's little more than average at the moment and crucially to prove to him that he's not indispensable, which, he clearly thinks he is. If the stories about him marching into Khaldoon ahead of the cup final are true, I'd personally drop him for being a pretentious petulant c**t, so I'd definitely drop him for a string of shit performances over an extended period.

On form over the last year, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and even Stoke have had a better keeper than us, regardless of the 'stats', which in the case of a keeper is as much about the defence in front of him as it is about the keeper himself.

Hopefully, in due course, Hart will recover his form, remember he's a goalkeeper rather than a bad actor/model and all will be well again. in the meantime, if he's as untouchable as some on here think he is, let us hope that it doesn't cost us too many points along the way.

What has he supposedly said to Khaldoon before the cup final?

bluebird113 said:
Hung said:
Davs 19 said:

What has he supposedly said to Khaldoon before the cup final?

Told him his hair was shit and he needed to use another shampoo but that Mancini wouldn't allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.