Joe's face

The cookie monster said:
You have made yourself look like a bellend.

Stop digging!
It gets better. Thinking keepers should be capable of saving a penalty out of five on average = you're a bellend. So, let me ask all of you, should a keeper ever be expected to save a penalty in his career? If so, let's put a number on it shall we.

Skashion said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Didn't Buffon go the wrong way for one of our penalties? What a shit keeper nowhere near a class keeper!

some peoples mentality and way of thinking on here is fuckin stupid!
So we've gone from an excellent keeper should save a penalty, let's say on average, in a penalty shootout, to every time a keeper must go the right way...

Fucking stupid isn't the word for you, nor the other idiots who can't read what I'm actually writing.

Well I apologise if I misread this....

Skashion said:
Going the wrong way? Aren't keepers supposed to have influence over that? As in, they should go the right way...

Skashion said:
Didn't Buffon go the wrong way for one of our penalties? What a shit keeper nowhere near a class keeper!

some peoples mentality and way of thinking on here is fuckin stupid!
So we've gone from an excellent keeper should save a penalty, let's say on average, in a penalty shootout, to every time a keeper must go the right way...

Fucking stupid isn't the word for you, nor the other idiots who can't read what I'm actually writing.

Well I apologise if I misread this....

Skashion said:
Going the wrong way? Aren't keepers supposed to have influence over that? As in, they should go the right way...

Evidently you misread the post that claimed Pirlo's penalty was 'unsaveable'.

It did seem that the last two Italian pen takers had possibly sussed that he was diving fractionally early and waited for him commit. Of course it doesn't mean they wouldnt still have scored if he had waited a split second.

Skashion said:
eshiers1 said:
Skashion said:
I think it is fair to expect an excellent keeper to save at least one penalty in a penalty shootout, so yes, poor performance for the penalties in an otherwise solid keeping performance.

which one did you expect him to save yesterday??

2 were right in the corner

pirlo's unsaveable

the 4th sent him the wrong way
How on Earth was Pirlo's 'unsaveable'? Pirlo fucking dinked him because Hart went early.

The mind boggles.

The science behind how a goalkeeper can read which direction the ball will go is by watching the standing foot
In the "majority" of cases, the ball will be struck in the direction that the standing foot is pointing and in that brief moment as the penalty taker looks down at the ball, that's when the keeper should move.
That's the science, but it doesn't answer how to save one of Mario's when he doesn't look at the ball.

Skashion said:
The cookie monster said:
You have made yourself look like a bellend.

Stop digging!
It gets better. Thinking keepers should be capable of saving a penalty out of five on average = you're a bellend. So, let me ask all of you, should a keeper ever be expected to save a penalty in his career? If so, let's put a number on it shall we.
I just don't think you should label joes performance as poor in the shootout.

I know your entitled to an opinion so I take the bellend quote back,as I generally like your post.

city1999 said:
Not got any pictures , but he did look a bit of a plank
Making faces towards the penalty takers!
I thought he may of saved atleast one, the way he's been going on
That he had studied them

I have to disagree he was only trying to put the players off

The Pink Panther said:
The science behind how a goalkeeper can read which direction the ball will go is by watching the standing foot
In the "majority" of cases, the ball will be struck in the direction that the standing foot is pointing and in that brief moment as the penalty taker looks down at the ball, that's when the keeper should move.
That's the science, but it doesn't answer how to save one of Mario's when he doesn't look at the ball.
I don't blame him for not saving Balo's. However, I do think it's a fair expectation that excellent keepers should be saving 1/5. The stats on penalties show between 25-30% of penalties are unsuccessful depending on league and year (it's a long-term average across Europe). Obviously some of those are missed penalties, let's say half. So that still leaves a good 12.5-15%. Should an excellent keeper be saving 20-25%, I think that's within the bounds of reason. Were two of the penalties last night saveable had Hart not gone early? Yeah, I think so. By my reckoning Hart should be doing better. I won't apologise for having high expectations of someone who I consider the greatest shotstopper in the world right now. If that makes me a bellend, in the eyes of many on this thread, so be it.

Skashion said:
The Pink Panther said:
I don't blame him for not saving Balo's. However, I do think it's a fair expectation that excellent keepers should be saving 1/5. The stats on penalties show between 25-30% of penalties are unsuccessful depending on league and year (it's a long-term average across Europe). Obviously some of those are missed penalties, let's say half. So that still leaves a good 12.5-15%. Should an excellent keeper be saving 20-25%, I think that's within the bounds of reason. Were two of the penalties last night saveable had Hart not gone early? Yeah, I think so. By my reckoning Hart should be doing better. I won't apologise for having high expectations of someone who I consider the greatest shotstopper in the world right now. If that makes me a bellend, in the eyes of many on this thread, so be it.

Do you remember Itallia 90?
Shilton waited and went the right way every time, but never got near the ball as all the penalties were struck so well.

David Seaman was a decent penalty saver, but he didn't get near any of the six that Germany took in Euro 96

The Italians all took excellent penalties last night. Where as England missed the target with one and the other was a powder puff effort

I'm not blaming hart for any of the penalties
It's just that he got asked in press conference
About penalties
He put himself on a pedestal to be knocked down
Saying that...it is guesswork and as another poster has said
... Even I would of saved cashley's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.