Joey Barton calling Ian Cheeseman on GMR, 06/07

He was a good player in a woeful City side but thought he was way better than he was. Hated that stupid Nazi salute before every (usually crap) corner he used to do aswell what was all that about?

Intelligent lad but from a horrendous background. He needed to go before the attack on Dabo (regardless of how crap he was) and he hardly calmed down after that.

He cared about doing a job at City but was too much trouble overall.

Absolute arsehole though. So unsurprising he doesn't get appreciation he may have deserved for playing side, because of his off the pitch, disciplinary issues and delusions of being a modern philosopher/prophet.
Think his antics on the final game against QPR severed any last bits of remaining goodwill for many as well.

Found it.

Saturday, 21 April 2007
Watford 1-1 Man City
Watford manager Aidy Boothroyd defended keeper Ben Foster after his mistake:
"It was an individual error from Ben, but he has been magnificent for us this season, and earned us many points.

Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce:
"The game had an end-of-season feel to it, and both sides lacked a bit of energy.
"Once we had got our noses in front, I could not see them scoring so I am disappointed we did not hang on.
"We know where we need to strengthen and I hope we will do in the summer - we need to add more goals to the team."

Watford: Foster, Doyley, Carlisle, DeMerit, Powell, Bangura, Mahon, Francis (Kabba 24), Bouazza, King, Rinaldi (Shittu 82), Kabba (Priskin 65).
Subs Not Used: Lee, Mariappa.
Booked: Carlisle.
Goals: Priskin 75.

Man City: Isaksson, Onuoha, Dunne, Distin, Ball, Jihai (Ireland 85), Hamann, Barton, Johnson, Beasley (Miller 35), Vassell, Miller (Samaras 76).
Subs Not Used: Weaver, Corradi.
Booked: Hamann.
Goals: Vassell 53.
Att: 18,537
Ref: R Styles (Hampshire).

Saw Watford’s Gavin Mahon come through at Hereford United. Surely Shittu was destined to be a City player?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.