Joey Barton

It was a targeted hate campaign against a female sports pundit (who happens to be female and black) - he knows his audience and he knew she would be pelted from all his lowlife followers - He made her life hell so he could profit.
Something needs to be done to stop this sort of thing - or is continually targeting an individual on social media perfectly fine?
Define “targeted hate.”
Define “this sort of thing.”

…the list goes on.

If she can show personal harm, especially documented or financially, then by all means sue him in court for the damages you believe you’re owed.

Personally, I think the state should stay out of it, because it’s a slippery slope, which can become ever more slippery based on the decision makers du jour.

Just my opinion, which I’m thankful I can still express…for now.

Last edited:
In June he had to pay £75k damage plus £35k costs to Jeremy Vine. I can see if he is found guilty here it could dwarf that £110k in what it costs him and I will not object to that.

He was fantastic for City by which I mean getting sent off for QPR in effect abandoned his remaining 10 colleagues to defend backs to the wall in energy sapping heat - what a total bellend - he is rapidly making himself untouchable
Ah he'll be fine. He's now got his podcast empire, "Common Sense".

With the widely well respected famous guests he has on he must be making a mint out of it. Such guests include...*checks notes*...Chappy the sock washer, Matt le Tissier, Laurence Fox and Graham Linehan.

Gary Lineker and the team at Goalhanger must be quaking in their boots.

She claimed she "Fled" the country to get away from it. Barton is a **** but as I said she's sue a cloud if it loitered too long next to her.
If Joey Barton said anything vaguely libellous or hate filled about me I'd sue / report the **** too, purely based on the fact he's a proven wrongun who deserves what's coming to him.

I reckon Jeremy Vine had the same thought process.

If Joey Barton said anything vaguely libellous or hate filled about me I'd sue / report the **** too, purely based on the fact he's a proven wrongun who deserves what's coming to him.

I reckon Jeremy Vine had the same thought process.

Can't stand the ****, don't know many if any City fans that do like him. Still not really known what he has done in particular to the suing machine.

If I was in a lift with her I would try desperately not to make eye contact or speak with her for fear of a summons in the post.

Can we all agree that Barton is a dumb fuck, with outdated notions, and worthy of our ignorance based on his own?

Agree with a lot of your points, but they need appending with the word 'ideally'.

Unfortunately, in terms of the part I've included above, not everybody does agree with that statement. Lots of people agree with him, and they basically need reminding that being a twat to other people isn't 'free speech', or 'just an opinion'. It's just being a twat. Otherwise you let it go unchecked and being a twat to others becomes more normal until you realise that everyone's doing it.

Can't stand the ****, don't know many if any City fans that do like him. Still not really known what he has done in particular to the suing machine.

If I was in a lift with her I would try desperately not to make eye contact or speak with her for fear of a summons in the post.

Not arsed really.

The ends justify the means sometimes.

Like coppers planting the odd bit of evidence on drug dealers and gang members to get a conviction. Yeah you might not be guilty of this one but you’re guilty of lots of others and deserve the time.

Fuck him.

Not arsed really.

The ends justify the means sometimes.

Like coppers planting the odd bit of evidence on drug dealers and gang members to get a conviction. Yeah you might not be guilty of this one but you’re guilty of lots of others and deserve the time.

Fuck him.

Not really a sensible ploy to be honest, unlike you I accept your right to hate him but unlike you I accept he needs to be found to be wrong.

Football discussions are full of insults opinions and fury, looks like the little suing machine doesn't like being in the spotlight, fleeing the country my giddy arse.

Hope he wins this one but his dick drops off.

Define “targeted hate.”
Define “this sort of thing.”

…the list goes on.

If she can show personal harm, especially documented or financially, then by all means sue him in court for the damages you believe you’re owed.

Personally, I think the state should stay out of it, because it’s a slippery slope, which can become ever more slippery based on the decision makers du jour.

Just my opinion, which I’m thankful I can still express…for now.
He called Jeremy Vine a Peadophile , do you think that is OK? Just trying to establish where you think the boundaries are, if there are any?

Agree with a lot of your points, but they need appending with the word 'ideally'.

Unfortunately, in terms of the part I've included above, not everybody does agree with that statement. Lots of people agree with him, and they basically need reminding that being a twat to other people isn't 'free speech', or 'just an opinion'. It's just being a twat. Otherwise you let it go unchecked and being a twat to others becomes more normal until you realise that everyone's doing it.
No, what happens in a society where people see Warri’s behavior is that society has the freedom to say he’s a twat for what he does and nobody listens to the twat. The rest then goes away because saying testy things doesn’t produce the required result. The twat gets ostracized and realizes his behavior was the cause and changes. Ideally.

The problem is a chicken and egg one that you actually described, albeit without identifying it…

What does it say about the society that he:

A) Gets a podcast
B) Thinks being a twat will pay off
C) Gets advertisers on the pod
D) Attracts more twats
E) Makes enough money to deal with the few lawsuits that come from being a twat?

Is he the problem or is it the society that has enough twats in it that his twattery rewards him?

If being a twat is a crime, we may all be in trouble from time to time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.