John Carew [Merged]

Re: John Carew

Jesus we have been linked with a large amount of players and i have dreamt of signing some world class strikers.........but Carew has never crossed my mind funny that!

Re: John Carew?

Carew is far too injury prone.

I think we should stick with our original target... Santa Cruz.

OB1 said:
moomba said:
Read something the other day that Villa might be willing to sell, would be a great pickup.

Did you really mean great?

There's a reason why he has only started 17 league games for Villa this season. If he is not good enough to be first choice for Villa, why would we want him?

Yeah, great.

Injuries stopped him this season, but when he played he was a real handful.

Wouldn't cost the earth, would weaken a rival and would put an end to the Crouch/RSC rumours.

PlattLaneBoy said:
Millions n Billions of pound we could have almost anyone and people are saying who................. John Carew. Wouldnt be my fisrt choice anyway we need a 30+ goals a season striker and i dont think he falls into that catogery.

Ok PlattLaneBoy- you are a perfect example of what I was saying earlier in the thread about people having unrealistic expectiations.

If we can have almost anyone, go on then- name me some 30+ goals a season strikers that:
a) are available ?
b) willing to come to a club who are not in the CL?
c) If A & B are fulfilled, aren't being chased by bigger clubs (i.e. what I mean here, by clubs that mean we are going to be well down the pecking order, i.e. calibre of a Real Madrid, a Chelsea, a United, a Inter, AC Milan, or for that fact any club that can offer European football and is consequently most likely seen as a preferred option) ?

32.5m well spent said:
Jesus we have been linked with a large amount of players and i have dreamt of signing some world class strikers.........but Carew has never crossed my mind funny that!

We all dream of signing the very best, but in all likelihood we will be lucky to pick up 1 top top player this summer. Carew, while maybe a risk with his injury record knows where the back of the net is in the Premier League, is proven in the league and is a target man. At worst he would form a good squad player if we can also get in better players as well. He might make you have wet dreams, but he is certainly a step up from some of the rubbish we currently call 'strikers.

Is They buck toothed bloated overpaid pervert still coming ...................No No NOT Mr Glitter i mean the guy at AC MILAN..

Carew is contracted to 2011, so it's not his last contract year. Secondly I don't think he is keen on going to you anyway.

IF this happens wouldnt be surprissed if Sturridge would be part of some kind of deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.