John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

Re: John Guidetti: 11 in 12 for Feyenoord

I saw this at another City forum. Note the bold, it seems to indicate his loan is up in January and that he didn't join Feyenoord for the full season - in which case do we let them keep him or bring him back right away as 4th striker?

-

Kindvall speaks about Guidetti: He ought to be picked [for the swedish team] for the Euro 2012

Eleven goals in twelve appearances for Feyenoord. Now, John Guidetti, 19, is also designated as the Eredivisie's largest cult player. Ove Kindvall is enjoying the latest developments back in Sweden. The Feyenoord legend follows Guidetti's rampage carefully - and have received positive reports from friends in the old club. "I know how things where in my time [with the club], it's the same for him now" says Kindvall to FotbollsExpressen.se.

John Guidetti has made a great success in Feyenoord this autumn. In twelve games, the 19-year-old super-talent have made eleven goals - and won the fans' hearts. The readers of the Dutch football magazine Voetbal International has been voting for the biggest cult player in the Eredivisie. A vote Guidetti won comfortably. "With his positive attitude, fun team antics and goal scoring gestures, he deserves the title" writes Voetbal International in a statement.

"They are very satisfied"

One of those who rejoice at Guidettis success is Ove Kindvall. The old national team hero that became an icon at Feyenoord during his five years, when he made 129 goals in 144 games - and won two league titles and the final of the European Cup.

"I follow john closely and I have contact with one of the leaders of Feyenoord, a friend of mine, that way I get to know alot, says Kindvall, who also played two World Championships with Sweden and won both the golden ball and 'bragdguldet'.

What do they say about John?

They are very satisfied, of course. Especially since he made so many goals. I know what it was in my time, it's like that now for him. I think its great.

What do you think of him as a player?

He is well ahead of other youngsters, but then again he has been abroad for a couple of years now. He trains very hard and it shows as he is progressing well. He is good at most things, all-round - not just scoring goals. His situation is really exciting. And he is just 19 years old, huh?

Yes, 19 years old

Thats terrific. I was much older when I joined Feyenoord.

"A Rooney-type"

Are there any differences between you and John as players?

- Yes, he's a little heavier than I was. He plays a little differently and roams more. I was a more pronounced goal scorer that tried to stay as far up as I could all the time. He covers more ground, over larger areas. He is more of a Wayne Rooney-type than I was.

Many want him to participate [in the swedish team] for the Euro 2012. Is he ready for it?

- Yes, absolutely, I think so. I think that what he has shown [this autumn], is that he should be granted a place [in the swedish team]. He seems to be a guy who likes challenges. He knows exactly what he wants to do and the Euro 2012 would be a great experience for him. I think he should be in the squad. He is a good player, and he could be used as a supersub who brings a lot of qualities to the team.

The contract with the City expires at the New Year. What do you think will happen? He himself seems to want to stay ...

- Well? I'd like it if he would stay. He have enjoyed his life here so far and this is a proper football town this, Feyenoord, with the fans and everything. I feel like I understand why he is enjoying his life like I did for five years at the club. Though City owns him and thus makes the decision, but hopefully they listen to him. The risk is that another big club comes and throws up the money. Apart from that, I think, for his development, it would be good if he stayed, at least until summer.

Edit - The vote result:

John Guidetti (Feyenoord) 3984
Stanislav Manolev (PSV) 2957
After Lex (ADO) 2687
Melvin Platje (NEC) 1922
Theo Janssen (Ajax) 1854
Gerald Sibon (Heerenveen) 1725
Leen van Steensel (Excelsior) 831
Ted the Pavert (county) 740
Alex Schalk (NAC) 565
Piet Velthuizen (Vitesse) 556
Mark Looms (Heracles) 171
Niels Fleuren (OT) 170
Another player: 1142

we need to give the guy a chance he obviously knows where the nets are

talkSPORT made me laugh with this:

Manchester City are bracing themselves for January bids for promising young striker John Guidetti after Spanish side Espanyol admitted their interest in the young Swede.

... without realizing that Espanyol are our partner club and Guidetti would be going on loan there if anything. I think our club would only "brace themselves" if alleged interest from Arsenal and Juventus resulted in concrete bids.

But anyway, if his Feyenoord loan spell is up in January we have a few choices for Guidetti...

1. Let him stay at Feyenoord for the rest of the season in a very healthy working environment that he is enjoying and where he is improving.
2. Test him in a better league like La Liga with Espanyol or the Premier League with QPR (who wanted him on loan in summer - they do not have a great list of forwards so he might get regular football).
3. Bring him back as fourth striker with the fixture congestion ahead.

LoveCity said:

Manchester City are bracing themselves for January bids for promising young striker John Guidetti after Spanish side Espanyol admitted their interest in the young Swede.

... without realizing that Espanyol are our partner club and Guidetti would be going on loan there if anything. I think our club would only "brace themselves" if alleged interest from Arsenal and Juventus resulted in concrete bids.

But anyway, if his Feyenoord loan spell is up in January we have a few choices for Guidetti...

1. Let him stay at Feyenoord for the rest of the season in a very healthy working environment that he is enjoying and where he is improving.
2. Test him in a better league like La Liga with Espanyol or the Premier League with QPR (who wanted him on loan in summer - they do not have a great list of forwards so he might get regular football).

i'd go for the qpr loan, so he could really test himself in the league, and our coaches can have a proper look at him

cball23 said:
LoveCity said:

i'd go for the qpr loan, so he could really test himself in the league, and our coaches can have a proper look at him

Spot on..... All this loaning abroad should be done for 1 season max to Spanish clubs to teach the passing ways of the game then another season or 2 on loan to a Prem club will teach them the mental and physical sides to the game and come back to the club 3 times the player they did when they first left.... It's fine for the likes of Scapuzzi to go to League one as these players are only 17 but when they reach 18/19 like Harry Bunn we should be looking at Championship clubs at a bear minimum if these young lads are to improve....

I've also heard Greg Cunningham has been impressive at Forrest?

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
cball23 said:
LoveCity said:

Spot on..... All this loaning abroad should be done for 1 season max to Spanish clubs to teach the passing ways of the game then another season or 2 on loan to a Prem club will teach them the mental and physical sides to the game and come back to the club 3 times the player they did when they first left.... It's fine for the likes of Scapuzzi to go to League one as these players are only 17 but when they reach 18/19 like Harry Bunn we should be looking at Championship clubs at a bear minimum if these young lads are to improve....

i think it would be wrong to keep moving the lad around to different countries, we either need to bring him home and loan him to either a prem/championship club or keep him in holland at feeynoord.

cball23 said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
cball23 said:

i think it would be wrong to keep moving the lad around to different countries, we either need to bring him home and loan him to either a prem/championship club or keep him in holland at feeynoord.

Yeah it must be annoying also the thing is these players are becoming settled at their loan clubs because they have put themselves in a false sense of security that they will never make our first team due to our funds.... Weiss settled in well at Rangers and became heavily involved with their fans and judging from Guidetti's twitter he is really enjoying it at Feyenoord, both Weiss and Guidetti have potential to make our first team (not so much the starting XI) but if we aren't careful we'll loose these prospects like we did with Sturridge!

A video when he was on swedish television 2011!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLVJQgg9tEw&feature=g-vrec&context=G24f2694RVAAAAAAAABQ[/youtube]

In preparation for the resumption of the Eredivisie in a week's time Feyenoord played a friendly today against the "Rags Killer" FC Basle, the team that knocked the vermin out of the Champions League.

FC Basel - Feyenoord 3-3
Goals:
18 '0-1 Guidetti
25 '1-1 Zoua Daogari
33 '2-1 Chipperfield
45 '3-1 Zoua Daogari
54 '3-2 Chess
66 '3-3 Guidetti

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.