John Guidetti

Nelly's Left Foot said:
The chances of JG making the first team squad are very very thin this season.He simply hasn't regained anything like the level of fitness required.It's to his credit that he has scored some goals in the game time he has had but you only had to be at those games to see that he was far from fit enough for top level football.

John has a big heart and will keep working hard to get back but I would expect that next season is the realistic target and I hope he makes it to show us all what he is capable of.

This. He's a lad who just wants to play football, and is the type that when he gets a good run of games going, and is enjoying his football will score goals freely. He's working hard by the sounds of it to get back, like Rodwell.

Reckon in the next 2-3 years he will be our starting or at least 3rd striker, and will become a cult figure, like he has at Feyernoord.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Marvin said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
As long as his apparent injury setback is only minor I would be very surprised if we didn't see him get some type of first team action this season, he has already completed 90 mins for the EDS and scored in each of the games he has started in. Also with the title race over their will be less risk to play youngsters so Im hoping the likes of Saurez, Guidetti possibly Pozo get on he bench and maybe come on late in games.
Possible if there's nothing at stake in our final League games

We've got to fight for the title even if the chances are slim and qualify for the Champions League
We have to try and win everygame but I would just like to see one or two more youngsters on the bench instead of say two full backs who will probably leave at the end of the season. After Chelsea all our home games are against 'weaker' opposition so it would be good to see a few EDS players on the bench, gain experience by getting 10-20 minutes at the end of a match if we're winning comfortably. With the introduction of FFP it is crucial we start promoting youth.

This. I think two youngsters should be on the bench for the match against Barnsley. Wouldn't mind if Suarez came on in the second half for Silva. Same goes for Razak, he needs game time this season.

woahmark said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Marvin said:
Possible if there's nothing at stake in our final League games

We've got to fight for the title even if the chances are slim and qualify for the Champions League
We have to try and win everygame but I would just like to see one or two more youngsters on the bench instead of say two full backs who will probably leave at the end of the season. After Chelsea all our home games are against 'weaker' opposition so it would be good to see a few EDS players on the bench, gain experience by getting 10-20 minutes at the end of a match if we're winning comfortably. With the introduction of FFP it is crucial we start promoting youth.

This. I think two youngsters should be on the bench for the match against Barnsley. Wouldn't mind if Suarez came on in the second half for Silva. Same goes for Razak, he needs game time this season.
This is the FA Cup Quarter-Final. One of our biggest matches of the season against players who will probably being playing the biggest game of their career.

Marvin said:
woahmark said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

This is the FA Cup Quarter-Final. One of our biggest matches of the season against players who will probably being playing the biggest game of their career.
Its Barnsley... sorry I know they'll be up for it but even still.. our EDS squad should be able to beat them in the quarters

cmdub said:
Marvin said:
woahmark said:
Its Barnsley... sorry I know they'll be up for it but even still.. our EDS squad should be able to beat them in the quarters

There is no way the EDS team would beat a pumped-up Championship side in a big Cup-tie IMO, it would be madness to even attempt it.

lancs blue said:
cmdub said:
Marvin said:

There is no way the EDS team would beat a pumped-up Championship side in a big Cup-tie IMO, it would be madness to even attempt it.

And our EDS team finished second from bottom in their group and now (in the second phase of the U21 Prem) are in the lowest ranked of the three groups. Barnsley would slaughter them, half of them are 16 or 17 playing above their age group.

I have read some shit written on here about our "young" players but to say our EDS could beat Barnsley is an absolute joke. Those posting that view need to actually go an watch the EDS as like someone pointed out, the team finished near the bottom of the group and are not tearing any trees up. Barnsley would love it if we played 3 or 4 untried kids. Nah, hardened lower league pros would eat em up. Thank fuck our manager would never listen to such nieve comments.

Marvin said:
woahmark said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Agreed, play some youngsters in the last few league games, rest the main players for the cup.

Marvin said:
woahmark said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

I said bench, I didn't say start. And it's against Barnsley, who are 21st in the Championship. I think Razak and Suarez deserve to play 20 minutes or so if the game is going well, i.e 2-0 lead in say the 70th minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.