John Guidetti

Stretford Born Blue said:
Will do him no harm, might even help us if he scores a few against our rivals for the title.....

Exactly. Best of luck to him, hopefully he'll be able to carve out a career with us.

FredTilson said:
Don't Stoke have 4 forwards already? Jones/Walters/Crouch/Arnautovic. Maybe they are getting rid of someone? Hopefully he gets decent playing time

Jones is refusing to play and angling for a move away, Arnautovic isn't a pure striker/no9, Walters is Shite

17 games left this season he is available for 16, if he takes part in 10 and scores more than 5 goals then City will have learned a lot about his potential as a PL player. Hope he gets the winning goals against Arsenal and Chelsea how good it would be to hear the cockney wankers cry foul.

I dont get it why not give the lad a chance we have got fa cup games there is something that pellie does not like about him, strange if you ask me and i am sure you will not.

dawlish dave said:
17 games left this season he is available for 16, if he takes part in 10 and scores more than 5 goals then City will have learned a lot about his potential as a PL player. Hope he gets the winning goals against Arsenal and Chelsea how good it would be to hear the cockney wankers cry foul.

Will he be available to play for Stoke against Chelsea in the FA Cup?

JOHN GUIDETTI believes the Britannia Stadium is the perfect place for him to ignite his Barclays Premier League career after penning a loan agreement with Stoke City until the end of the current campaign.

The 21-year-old became boss Mark Hughes’ latest acquisition after agreeing to the move from title contenders Manchester City on Tuesday afternoon.

Long touted as one of the brightest talents in European football, the Swedish international has yet to feature in the English top-flight after seeing his promising career derailed by a mystery virus during a stunning loan spell with Dutch giants Feyenoord.

However, speaking exclusively to Stoke City Player minutes after completing the move, he confirmed he is now back to full fitness and ready to showcase his talents on the grandest stage of all.

“It’s fantastic to be here, and I am so grateful to the Club for giving me the opportunity to show everybody I am capable of playing at this level,” the striker said.

“It’s been a frustrating and difficult time for me, but I am firmly on the road back again now, and this is a great chance for me to hopefully play some games, score some goals and enjoy myself.

“Once I knew of the interest, and had spoken to Mark Hughes, it was an easy decision for me to make to be honest. The Club have showed a lot of belief in me, and have made me feel wanted.

“I know the manager has tracked my career for a long time, since his time in charge of Manchester City, and I know how good he and his staff are at what they do.”

He added: “For me, Stoke City is a very good club, and one that I am delighted to have come too. I’m confident of having a good time here, developing myself as a player and helping the Club between now and the end of the season.”

The 21-year-old previously shot to stardom in the Netherlands, scoring 20 goals in 23 appearances for Feyenoord during a hugely successful season long loan spell in the 2011/12 campaign.

A mystery virus prematurely ended his time in the Eredivisie however, but after overcoming that setback, and returning to full health, he says he can’t wait to taste top-flight football in England for the first time.

“It’s a dream for me to be honest, because I have always wanted to play in the Premier League, which is in my opinion, the toughest and most demanding league in the world,” he added.

“It’s going to be a real challenge for me but I have trained with the first team players at Manchester City for a long time now, so I feel I am ready for this opportunity.

“It has been a mentally challenging time for me over the past year or so, but in times like that you are really challenged, and I feel I have come through everything pretty well.

“Now though, I am just itching to get back on the pitch, and scoring goals – because there is no better feeling in the world than hitting the back of the net in front of thousands of supporters.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/johns-delighted-to-join-1294318.aspx#MjhYuovV3Cx98y6P.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article ... Cx98y6P.99</a>

its a Barm said:
I dont get it why not give the lad a chance we have got fa cup games there is something that pellie does not like about him, strange if you ask me and i am sure you will not.

This as has always bemused me. Pellers goes on about rest and not being able to play x number of games, and we never see Sergio, or Alvaró or Edin rested and Guidetti coming in. Very strange.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
its a Barm said:

This as has always bemused me. Pellers goes on about rest and not being able to play x number of games, and we never see Sergio, or Alvaró or Edin rested and Guidetti coming in. Very strange.
Pelle tried to sign him last season so I'm sure he likes him just fine.

Would prefer he went to the Spanish club as was reported before. Playing in the Spanish top flight would enhance his technical skills. But I think John wanted to stay in England. Well at least we would get some idea how he would fare in PL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.