John Guidetti

CITYBOY1000 said:
Sabbs flying foot said:
Looks like he going to stoke.lets hope Hughes has the faith to put him straight in and hopefully show us what we are missing. If this deal goes ahead he is going into my fantasy league team because I predict lots of goals for him given the chance.

You might be right, but I'm not 100% convinced. He's been out of the game a long time now. As another poster said, he's had that leg problem after eating the chicken but that was 1.5 years ago. He was supposed to be coming in over the Summer to get his fitness levels up and met Pellegrini on his first at the club. Yet, he hasn't even been playing for the reserves or getting onto the bench.

He's done nothing at City so far. He's played in one League Cup match against a no-mark League 2 team and did nothing.

People rave about his 21 goals in the Dutch Erie Division but in that same season Jozi Altidore scored around 20 goals for another Dutch club. Jozi Altidore scored 1 goal in his first full season with Hull in the Premiership (against us ironically). Jozi Altidore isn't exactly ripping up trees at Sunderland at the moment. So why is everyone assuming that Swedish John is even in with a chance of ever getting on our bench ? I can't believe anyone thinks we would have Jozi Altidore on our bench.

Or do they ?

I think he knows he can't live up to the hype. Bit like Michael Johnson. I think he'll stay out of the limelight, on the physio's bench or "working in the gym to get match fit" and earn another contract on the strength of his season in Holland and then see out his new contract on loan at various places or injured and then call time on his career when he's not offered another one.

This post fully illustrates how its possible to build an entirely flawed thesis around a couple of stats (one of which is wrong)

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/January/Guidetti-joins-Stoke-on-loan

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 3m
LOAN NEWS: @superguidetti joins @stokecity on loan until the summer <a class="postlink" href="http://manc.it/1m4ZMjq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://manc.it/1m4ZMjq</a> #mcfc pic.twitter.com/I9MjhSDR0y

Good luck to him, hope he does well, especially when they play any of our rivals!

Interesting that we are going to go the rest of the season with just our 3 main strikers unless they have someone lined up to bring in???

bellsouth said:
Good luck to him, hope he does well, especially when they play any of our rivals!

Interesting that we are going to go the rest of the season with just our 3 main strikers unless they have someone lined up to bring in???

I think Guidetti is too similar to Dzeko and Negredo for us to accommodate all 3, hope he gets plenty of games at Stoke

bellsouth said:

I can bet that any EPL team (and, though it may sound crazy, perhaps even any team in the world, bar Barca) would swap their strike force with just our 3 main strikers.

john-guidetti-jan14-1dx-4260226-1294152_478x359.jpg

Good luck to the lad, while I don't think he'll be world class I do reckon he can make a very good striker and an excellent fourth choice for us until we can get decent money for him and promote the next youth member, repeating the cycle.

I know he's not popular on here but I do think Hughes and stoke will be a good fit for Guidetti on loan, it won't take much to displace Crouch and Hughes tactic of desperately trying to score more than the opposition should suit a striker well.

Don't Stoke have 4 forwards already? Jones/Walters/Crouch/Arnautovic. Maybe they are getting rid of someone? Hopefully he gets decent playing time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.